Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hanging Pots

Posted by BoulderGrower none (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 14, 14 at 13:15

I just installed another ceiling hook and moved the double hanging pots to a brighter corner. I described these pots in the hoya forum some time ago but decided to put pictures here as well because they are so versatile. I shorten and lengthen the chains, add and subtract pots, and move them from ceiling hook to ceiling hook as the light changes from summer to winter. They are from Home Depot and I seal the drain holes.

I couldn't figure out how to include two pictures so I merged them

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hanging Pots

very nice! what a great idea. Now I'm going to have to go to home depot to see if they have any of these :-)

o

In my store they are outside with racks and racks of pots.

Look for:

http://www.homedepot.com/s/pennington?NCNI-5

o

That seems to be a great solution for my ever growing collection!
Thanks for the great idea.
Karen

o

They look great, but pls. explain how you water, especially since you said said you sealed the drainage holes.

o
Watering the hanging pots

All plants are in 4.25" x 4.25" x 5" black plastic pots from my hardware store. These sit on little less than an inch of decorative gravel. Once a week in summer or every two weeks in winter I totally saturate the potting soil. After fifteen minutes or so I take a turkey baster and suck out the excess water. It isn't difficult at all because I don't have to look into the pot.

o
Close-up Picture

Here is a close-up picture of one of the pots. I stick tillandsias in some of the pots...I try a little of everything I see on eBay.

I only started growing house plants two years ago when I got tired of looking at our fake plants. The hoyas are all growing a little faster than I anticipated and I hope they bloom before getting too big.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here