Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Plant ID

Posted by brwndot (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 23, 10 at 14:00

This guy was on clearance at Wal-mart but I have no idea what he is. This picture is a few days old, it's now budding a bit.

Here is a link that might be useful: who am I?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Plant ID

Could you pls. provide another pic or 2, maybe one from above, or showing the leaves on the stem? Can't tell yet from this view (it could be at least 2 different plants as far as I can tell from here).

What do you mean it's budding? Could you pls. show a pic of that?

Offhand guesses off that ONE view, COULD be Anthurium or Hoya, need more pix to be certain (I'm leaning towards Anthurium).

I think that pot is too big for that plant, unless the rootball is almost that big which seems most unlikely for either of those plants.

o

You know, it does look a little like a Hoya from the photo but the leaves are much thinner. I actually just came back from Lowe's and saw another plant just like it. Turns out it's a Star Jasmine. It was originally planted in an even larger pot... I'm guessing the plant was larger and died back quite a bit. I thought it was going to flower but the "buds" were just new leaves. Sorry it's the same view...

Here is a link that might be useful: today

o

Now that it has new growth it does look like Tracheleospermum jasminoides commonly known as Star or Confederate Jasmine though it is not a true Jasmine it sure smells like one.

o

Excellent. looking forward to the scent :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here