Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Red Screen

Posted by hopefulauthor z5IL (hopefulauthor@sbcglobal.net) on
Sun, Jun 26, 11 at 14:06

My screen is red, 'only on GW' Is anyone else having this problem, or is there a setting that needs changing?
Makes it hard to read. Toni

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Red Screen

Its from a stupid ad for paint I believe. I can't find the X to close it either! grrr!

o

Paint!!!! If that's the case, even if it was the best paint known to man, for the principle, I wouldn't buy this stuff!!!
Why, of all places, is this ad on GW? lol. Toni

o

Gardenweb has home forums is my guess. I don't get it everytime.
If someone pays for an ad in this economy I guess Ivillage accepts it.

o

It's not just you Toni.

I've gotten the red screen at GW for several days also. On my post at C&S asking GW to make Policy Statement on Deletions, I mentioned it a& asked about it, since I was already posting a question to GW.

o

The red screen is quite annoying, especially when the little box for you to select the type of paint you're "interested in" blocks the content of posts. It doesn't come up on every page, so hit refresh, and it goes away.

Joe

o

Toni, Its HGTV Home Sherwin Williams ad...so thats who to boycot if you wish...

o

It's annoying, that's for sure. The person who came up with this stupid idea, 'as a sales pitch,' better change careers.

Red screen, Netflix ads pop up everytime I click on a thread, and very slow connection. Not to mention, Page Cannot Be Displayed.

Don't know if it's my service or not. It's not my computer.

Thanks everyone..Let's hope the red and other disruptions stop. Toni

o

I get the "page cannot be displayed" as well. It makes you think YOU have a problem, but it's this site. I don't get the netflix pop-ups because my pop-up blocker gets them every time.

Joe

o

Joe, I changed settings so pop-ups wouldn't pop. Turned out, everytime I read a thread, I had to click a second box allowing the page to go through. Pain!!

As for Page Cannot Be Displayed...that's a problem with my provider..I should contact AT&T...For what it's worth, 'speed, etc,' we might as well have dial-up. Pay extra money for this? They want me to update to a more expensive package..my bill is high enough. I'm thinking of ridding Caller ID, 3-Way-Calling, etc...I HOPE, AT&T is reading this...
Either that or changing providers! Toni

o

At least for now, it appears to have gon................... no, I'm not gonna jinx it! LOL

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here