Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Where Can I Find Fafard Nursery Mix?

Posted by uniquelydivine 6 (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 30, 12 at 15:20

Ok so based on my post from last week I am going to use the Fafard Nursery Mix to repot some plants.

The problem is: I can find it anywhere! I called many local nurseries, went online and even emailed Fafard (they did not even respond).

Is there anyone out there that can recommend a place to purchase the Nursery Mix from?

I live in New York City (and I'm quite surprised I can't find it locally), but if someone knows anywhere I can find it locally please let me know!

Thanks to all!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Where Can I Find Fafard Nursery Mix?

Did you use the retail locater to find retail carriers in the area? Any retailer should be willing to special order the Nursery Mix for you. It might be worth checking Jersey.

o
RE: Where Can I Find Fafard Nursery Mix?

• Posted by tapla z5b-6a mid-MI (My Page) on
    Sat, Jun 30, 12 at 19:02

Don't be too hard on Fafard. They were VERY recently sold to Sun Gro, a large distributor of products to the greenhouse/nursery trade, so it wouldn't be too out of line to imagine they might be going through some adjustments. Since their focus is on bulk sales, if they were forced to prioritize, a single hobby grower unfortunately might not make the cut.

Best luck.

Al

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here