Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Peek-a-boo-toes season?

Posted by purpleinopp 8b AL (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 18, 12 at 15:59

It seems like the past week I've seen an unusually high number of inadvertent shots of people's toes in their pics, including mine. I don't step off the porch without shoes 'cuz the grass here is NOT soft, and I usually kick them off while I'm still on the porch. Just glad it's naked TOES season and never thought I'd say this, but I miss nice soft grass that feels nice to walk on even if ya have to mow every week or small children can get lost.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Peek-a-boo-toes season?

Purple, funny topic.

When we were kids, we'd run bare-foot through grass, hot side walks, stairs and porches.

Now that I'm older, guess I don't like getting my toes dirty, not to mention stepping on sticks or sharp objects, 'ouch' and if one has a dog, there's poop to worry about, lol.

Although we don't use chemicals, our neighbors do. Front and back yards blend together. We now have a fence out back, but the front yard/grass is open.
Neighbors on either side of our house have treated grass. I dislike chemicals, so just thinking about walking/running through chemical grass makes my tummy ache. lol.

What type of grass do you have? You don't have to mow? Toni

o

I don't know, it's ugly and kinda prickly, centipede or st. augustine or something similar. It grows more out than up, so I only have to mow about every 3 weeks. But a lot of time is spent pulling the "vines" of grass off of borders, it just goes right over them.

Know what you mean about the chem-lawns. Haven't seen one of those signs or trucks here and I like that a lot.

o

Purple, I'm very sensitive to lawn chemicals.

I wake up and can't breathe, without knowing neighbors had their lawns treated.
When I look outside, there are the signs.

They don't have their lawns sprayed as much as they used to, so it's getting better. Still...

Prickly grass..lol..
When we were in AL, the lawns were beautiful. Of course, we didn't dare walk on the grass, but it sure looked nice.
If you're a grass person..lol.

Oh, BTW, I snapped a pic of the Callisia yesterday. The stem got thick.

Callisia

Callisia

Can't believe it survived those icy nights. Now it's in heat, high 90's. lol..

o

Hey that looks great! Is it propped/staked or standing on its' own? Survive? Starting to think that although this plant probably couldn't survive an explosion, it could just outgrow it! LOL! Been repotting today, including my Callisia (well, the Mama, anyway.) It's in a hanging pot, now. Just need to find one of the hanging things to attach to it, but ran out of energy & was too hot. Maybe tomorrow. Must b something about Callisias in the air today.

Now I just need to cool off enough to bother showering & wash these DIRTY toes.

My lawn looks nice too, if/when it rains. It's just not a soft grass. We go to the beach & nearby spring lake often enough to get some toe time, a trade I'm good with.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here