Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Dracaena Marginata needs more love

Posted by brettk 5 (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 4, 14 at 16:03

I received this Marginata about 6 months ago and it was fine until a few weeks ago when the leaves started to droop extremely, the past few days I noticed some yellow spots/blotches on the leaves. I tried repotting it and that did not help at all. Could the soil be retaining to much water? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Dracaena Marginata needs more love

My best guess would be that it needs more light than what its currently getting. What direction does that window face? I don't own a Marginata, but the Dracaenas that I do have, they all receive very bright, indirect sunlight all day long.

I have several Ponytail Palms (yeah, I know they're a completely different type of plant. I'm just referencing it as an example...) and if/when they don't receive enough sunlight, their leaves will droop and look saggy, too. Well, their newer leaves will. Once again, that's a different type of plant with different growing conditions. But the reason is the same, if they don't get sufficient energy from their light sources, then they won't be perky and erect like they should be.

o

It's currently in front of a window facing South and about 5 ft away from a window facing West.

o

It's currently in front of a window facing South and about 5 ft away from a window facing West.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here