Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
noplantwiz

Can Ice plant br grwon indoors?

noplantwiz
12 years ago

Can you grow ice plant inside? I have one with hot pink flowers. It did have a couple of flowers on it but has stopped blooming and now the leaves are turning yellow and falling off from the plant end towards the tip end. It is in a south ( kind of south east )facing window but only gets really super bright light in the morning and then just bright the rest of the day?

Comments (7)

• amccour
    12 years ago

It probably depends on the species. Do you have any pictures?

Aiozaceae generally need a lot of light and are probably not that suitable for indoor growing so if you CAN put it outdoors in the warmer months you might want to.

• noplantwiz
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I looked for pictures of my plant. At first I thought it might be a lipstick plant instead but then I found a picture of a Baby Sun Rose ice plant and that is what mine looks like. I knew mine didn't have the little thin icicle like leaves like most of the ice plants so I had to look for one with the bigger leaves.

• birdsnblooms
    12 years ago

Can you post a picture? Toni

• marguerite_gw Zone 9a
    12 years ago

In Ireland, the plant known as Ice Plant is Sedum spectabile, a succulent.

• rhizo_1 (North AL) zone 7
    12 years ago

I ALWAYS think of Ice Plant as Delosperma spp. Interesting!

Take a picture of your plant and post it here.

Here is a link that might be useful: click here

• noplantwiz
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I will have to get my daughter to take a picture this weekend and post it for me. Thanks for all the replys.

• Annacam
    9 years ago

I have just go a beautiful ice plant I am wanting to make it an indoor plant! What are the best foods ? How often should it be watered? Is it a succulent type that requires little water. Will leaves turn yellow and fall off because of to much water? Lots of questions any advice would be appreciated thank you.

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio