Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Can Ice plant br grwon indoors?

Posted by noplantwiz NC (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 6, 11 at 16:23

Can you grow ice plant inside? I have one with hot pink flowers. It did have a couple of flowers on it but has stopped blooming and now the leaves are turning yellow and falling off from the plant end towards the tip end. It is in a south ( kind of south east )facing window but only gets really super bright light in the morning and then just bright the rest of the day?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Can Ice plant br grwon indoors?

It probably depends on the species. Do you have any pictures?

Aiozaceae generally need a lot of light and are probably not that suitable for indoor growing so if you CAN put it outdoors in the warmer months you might want to.

o
RE: Can Ice plant be grown indoors?

I looked for pictures of my plant. At first I thought it might be a lipstick plant instead but then I found a picture of a Baby Sun Rose ice plant and that is what mine looks like. I knew mine didn't have the little thin icicle like leaves like most of the ice plants so I had to look for one with the bigger leaves.

o

Can you post a picture? Toni

o

In Ireland, the plant known as Ice Plant is Sedum spectabile, a succulent.

o

I ALWAYS think of Ice Plant as Delosperma spp. Interesting!

Take a picture of your plant and post it here.

Here is a link that might be useful: click here

o

I will have to get my daughter to take a picture this weekend and post it for me. Thanks for all the replys.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here