Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
One year of growth

Posted by pumpkineater2 9b (Jsnsnw15@gmail.com) on
Fri, Jun 21, 13 at 18:23

Pothos has grown a nearly four foot long vine in one year.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: One year of growth

Oh yeah...

They DO like to scramble.

Makes me wonder how it would look if it had something to climb. When given a chance to climb the leaves get bigger and bigger til you would have difficulty believing it was even the same plant. In a hanging basket all draped over the side looks nice enough for those who don't mind the leaves staying at their juvenile stage,but for those who want to watch a plant go through the transformation to adulthood,I'm pretty sure you have to let them climb something. Now mine was all wound up around fishing line I had spiderwebbing just beneath my ceiling and it was allowed time enough to run around in there for about a year so I totally know where you're coming from. :)

o
RE: One year of growth

Those juvenile stems do grow quite fast. Always looking for somewhere to climb up. And once they're climbing they pretty soon develop into monsters. This is part of one of mine that fell out of the top of a tree. The chair, normal adult size, is there for perspective.

o
sweet!!!

Now THAT'S what I call perspective! LOL

So Tropic,..in your experience would you say that the juvenile form has to do all it's own climbing from the ground up in order to get them to take off? The vines I had in the fishing line are now wrapped around a chunk of tree branch I found but after winding them all up it,it seems like no aerial roots are reaching out to grab anything not that they would have room to go anywhere from there which is to say that as of now I'm going about this all wrong. I should make one of those hanging basket moss pole combination thingies and get some cuttings started at the base of the pole. Of course one of those vertical garden water wall type things would be wild.

Dream on sleepy guy! LOL

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here