Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gboivin_gw

Help...brown spots with yellow halo on my dracaena

gboivin
10 years ago

Hi everyone,

I have searched all over the Internet to find out what was happening to my dracaena, but I didn't get any answers, so I'm turning to you. (I have more pictures if needed)

I have that really awesome dracaena (i don't know which variety it is) composed of 3 distinct stems. I have noticed the apparition of brown spots on the leaves of one of them, and I really don't know what to do. If affects mostly the younger leaves

At first I thought it was a sunburn, so I moved it a little further away from the window. It didn't help. Then I thought the soil might be too poor in nutrients (it needed to be repotted). So I repotted it with soil coming from a specialized garden center. I removed all the affected leaves, thinking I solved the problem. But the spots came back.

The spots are of 2 types:

- A reddish line starts to appear on the back of the leaf, where the primary vein is. Then the line grows bigger and become brown/black

- A reddish round spot appears somewhere on the front of a leaf, then grows bigger and bigger. Somewhere in that process the leaf is showing signs of yellow discoloration

Also, this morning, I saw a lime green mushroom that had grown in the soil. I was quite disgusted and thought the problem might be more serious than I though...

P-S: I don't think it's a watering problem. I know that on many blogs, when the issue of brown spots is raised, people keep saying its either too much or too little water, but please don't tell me that, I really don't believe it is.

Thank you sooo much!

Comments (4)