Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Fuchsia flowers finally coming out, but very pale

Posted by katsols none (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 22, 12 at 19:42

I decided to post in this section because no one answers questions in the fuchsia section lol. I'm keeping my "marcia fuchsia" in my room where it gets filtered light and about 30 mins of evening sun. When i first got it my plant was full with blooms then all the blooms and un-opened ones started falling off, then i started fertilizing it every day with a weak fertilizer and it started blooming again but the red petals are not red anymore but pastel pink =[ to almost whitish green. Anyone who could help me would be so great!
thank you for reading.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Fuchsia flowers finally coming out, but very pale

edit: i don't wanter my fuchsia every day, i meant every time i water sorry. I use 7-9-5 dyna gro.

o

I think the problem is that you are keeping it in a room. Fuchsias are tender garden shrubs and should be out of doors in the summer. They need excellent light (but not blazing direct sun) and lack of it will make the flowers sickly. They do not make good houseplants. You don't say where you live so I can't tell how long yours could stay outdoors. And please stop fertilizing it every time you water. Every couple of weeks would be plenty.

o

Fuchsias are killed by high heat, if it's really hot where katsols is, that may be why it's inside. Or he/she may be in an apartment. I can't keep a Fuchsia alive, either, but I never stop trying...

o

That's true, purpleinopp - we need to know where the OP is. I'm finding it hard to imagine heat at the moment! But the light requirement remains whatever the temperature. Anaemic flowers would imply insufficient light.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here