Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
spinal_fusion

Trumpet Honeysuckle--Indoor Only?

spinal_fusion
16 years ago

Hi all! I sure hope this is the appropriate forum for this question; I wasn't sure what category would be best and this seemed as good as any...I'm a reluctant workaholic and newbie grower of the green things. I spend more hours of my day than I care to admit at my cubicle, and have developed a master plan to grow pretty and/or fragrant (preferably both) plants at my desk so that I can bring a little bit of nature into my sterile and--quite frankly--smelly office. I bought two plants on ebay for this purpose: an Alabama trumpet honeysuckle vine and a gardenia August beauty shrub that I would like to train as a bonsai.

Regarding the honeysuckle vine: it only set me back $5 so I thought, "Why not?" Now the thing is shipping to me and I have no idea how to encourage it to survive and thrive under office lighting. I do have plenty trellis-type office equipment (thank you office max for selling wire desk accessories!) for a vine to grow onto; just am not sure about the lighting situation.

My apologies for the super-long post, any suggestions would be most gratefully appreciated!

C

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths