Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
shellykins87

Spider Plant Leaf Issues

Shellykins87
9 years ago

Hello all,

I have had my wonderful spider plant since 2008, it was given to me as a dorm warming gift when I was a resident advisor and I almost killed it but I saved it and it has been thriving ever since. It went on a long road trip and back when I moved down south to North Carolina for 8 months and then back up to upstate New York. I re-potted the plant and removed all of the babies (he was happily root bound and shooting out gazillions of them, 16 total). This re-potting occurred in late April, early May on one of the first super nice days we had. I used Miracle grow potting mix like I have in the past and gently cleaned out the mass of roots and removed old soil. The plant had not been re-potted for at least two years, so he was in need of it. After the transplant he was happy and looking good. Lately my plant has been a bit limp. I was out of the country for a week and left my sister in charge of watering with detailed instructions, all my plants survived and look great, except my spider plant. I see new growth which is good. There are two plants in the pot, it has been that way since it was given to me and I would like to keep it that way. one plant is happy, leaves are variegated and perky, the other side is droopy and a good number of the leaves feel soft. The plant also has a good amount of leaf burn on the sides of the leaves, from when I was living with my mom and didn't have it in the best location. I currently have it in an east facing window and am wondering what is causing the soft leaves. Some have turned completely brown, starting at the tip and working its way up the leaf and have fallen off. I water when the soil is dry, usually about 1 and 1/2 to 2 weeks depending on conditions of the apartment, I have never fertilized my plant other than the fertilizer that is in the soil to begin with.

I wanted to post pictures but my phone and computer are not friends right now, so that is not going to happen.

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Grow Landscapes
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Planning Your Outdoor Space in Loundon County?