Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
help identify my little peace lily?

Posted by squidy WA (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 27, 11 at 22:45

I didn't even realize this thing was a peace lily when I bought it. I never liked them much, but this one is so tiny and crinkly. <3
It's an Exotic Angel plant and the tag just says Spathiphyllum. It's in a 4-inch pot.

Here are some pics, sorry they're not very good:
Photobucket

and for size ref..:
Photobucket

Does it have a name?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: help identify my little peace lily?

Hey Squidy,

Interesting look those ruffled edges, I've not seen that one before.

I collect Hoyas, sometimes from Exotic Angel. Have you visited their site? There's likely a name for that plant on their site, mind you it might be a wrong name, which they do often enough, but you might try looking there.

o

Gosh, it's amazing how large the plant looks in the pictures.

Very nice and healthy. I have not seen one of these before but even though I'm not that great a fan of peacelilies, I would probably buy if I saw it in the store.

I agree with Pirate..You just may find its name on the EA website.
Susan

o

I checked EA site, but Squidy's plant is not listed under Spath.
It reminds me of a green/non variegated, Philodendron 'ring of fire.' Leaves and flowers are shaped alike.

Squidy, it's a most remarkable plant. Where did you find it? Toni

o

It's cute! And your pics are great. Now my pics... that's a different story. :(

o

Found it at Home Depot. :D
I just moved, and the one that's near me now has a ZILLION plants. It was the only one of its kind that I saw there.

Now I'm glad I picked it up. When I'm there I never know what to get because I don't know what might be hard to find again..

o

Sounds like you have one of the great HD's. They're certainly not all alike.

I've found out the hard way that once I see a plant that I like, to go ahead and get it because chances are the next day it won't be there. LOL!

EA usually sneaks plants in that no one is aware they're selling but I enjoy that.

Susan

o

'Ditto' Susan's post. Most of the time, both nearby HD's sell the same, common plants, but if you happen to be there the right time, you could get lucky. :)
And you surely did.
I feel like running to HD to see if your plant is available. lol. It's lovely, Squidy.

If yours is a Spath, I'd go for it. I'm not a Spath fan..have 3..two variegated, one green and not doing well because of my selfish neglect..gets watered, whenever, needs repotting, etc.

take care of that cutie..Toni

o

• Posted by squidy 7%3F not 100%25 s (My Page) on
    Wed, Jun 29, 11 at 22:57

I definitely will. :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here