Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Watering equipment help??

Posted by jackierooke z5MI (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 5, 13 at 23:40

Hi all.....
Might sound like a strange question but the only place I will have to put all the new plants I got is an east window shelf that
is over a huge tub and surround. Physically I'm unable to climb up and over the tub to get to them to water. So.....my question is does anyone know of or use a sort of wand contraption that can extend 4 feet or so and feed from a gallon milk jug? We have a water softener so I don't use the tap water.

Would appreciate any feedback or suggestions.

Jackie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Watering equipment help??

Well, I have one long watering wand but it depends on the pressure of tap water supply.
I suppose you could get a pump action sprayer but that wouldn't supply a great quantity of water.
I'm thinking you either have to have some way of creating pressure, or of raising the level of the water container so you can get downwards flow.
I have a cordless water pump that I bought when we were in drought conditions, it's 12 volt and has a recharge battery thing - the idea is you drop it in like a big bin of water and you can use to pump - it has some tubing and I guess you could create a longer watering wand with a bit of nous.
To be honest I never got to use it as the rains finally came, but if you want to check out something similar the brand name was Ozito (australia)
Question though - how do you get the plants out there in the first place and how do you access them if they need care?

o
RE: Watering equipment help??

Good question. To get them up there, I have to call on hubby or a friend. My house is just dark! The bathroom is about the only "light" room in the house. And its a very big bathroom at 10x15'l

If I can't find a way to water, for the winter, I'll have to put "water plants" on the honeydo list for hubby to do when he comes home every two weeks or so.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here