Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Philodendron 'Showboat' care?

Posted by FlowerPotTipper 6 (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 12, 12 at 23:44

I found this beautiful plant at a local store a few weeks ago, and just had to have it for my collection and it was only $12 for such a huge plant. When I was walking out of the store I had four women stop me and asked where I found it, but it was the only one I saw. Anyways...the sticker on the pot (no tag) just said Philodendron 'Showboat'...and I can't find very much information on care for it online. Actually I don't have much experience in care for philos at all, the only other one I own is 'Orange Prince', which is brand new also (found it at lowes for $5 and it was too neat looking to pass up also).

How would you guys care for this plant?? Watering? humidity? light? fertilizer? all that fun stuff.It defiently needs some working on.

Thank you
-FPT

Photobucket

Philo. Showboat leaf

underside of leaf 'Philo. Showboat'

p.s. It's still in it's original pot, I just have it sitting in another nicer looking pot for the time being.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Philodendron 'Showboat' care?

Have you posted to the Aroid Forum? There might be some growers over there.

Linda

o

Stoneriver-

Nope, I had no idea this was an Aroid...Actually I'm not even sure what is in the Aroid family (I know several diffrent plant families, but this one I'm not sure of)...but I'll ask...all I know is that it's a houseplant of some sort..LOL...but I would think someone here has some kind of philodendron experience.

Well, I do love learning about new family of plants, but it's kinda dangerous cause then I get addicted and start collecting them LOL. Sorta like I did with succulents, hoyas, and lately it's been orchids and begonias.

thankyou
-FPT

o

Look up Philodendron Xanadu, thats what it is.
Randy

o

Online websights say it's a cultiver/hybrid of Xanadu, so I guess that means same care. Thank you randy e.

-fpt

o

just typed the name. xanadu does come up. i agree. here is a link

http://www.gardenguides.com/101364-care-showboat-philodendron.html

o

Can't stop myself from saying how pretty your ring are! Great looking plant, too.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here