Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
bringing plants in and out ??

Posted by roksee Benicia SF Bay Are (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 23, 14 at 1:26

Hello... I bought a money tree plant several months ago...I was having trouble with it and Josh helped me get it healthy again.... but after a while it was again not looking so great. Finally when spring came I put it outside . I have a little alcove outside my front door that is outside but gets a lot of protection. And also does not get a lot of sun/ although some in the middle of the day....The money tree is healthier than I have EVER seen it... it is soooo happy there that now I'm worried about what I should do when Fall comes and Winter.... can anyone help with suggestions?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: bringing plants in and out ??

I grow my money tree outdoors for most of the year. Then, when Autumn arrives and the temperature begins to get colder than 50°F at night, I'll bring it back indoors. When it warms back up over 50°F the next day, I'll move it back outdoors each day. This both extends the season for it being outdoors, and helps transition my money tree back to living indoors again. Then, when the days are just too cold, I keep it indoors and in front of a South-facing window, so it can receive the brightest light possible. Just make sure to rotate your plant too, so all sides of it get plenty of light. Towards the end of Winter, I still lose a few leaves, but it's nothing to worry about. Finally, when Spring arrives, I begin moving it back outdoors during the daytime, when it has warmed back up over 50°F again. This helps transition it back outdoors and get an early jump on the growing season.

o
RE: bringing plants in and out ??

• Posted by roksee Benicia SF Bay Are (My Page) on
    Thu, Jul 24, 14 at 0:48

thank you tommy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here