Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
July blooms

Posted by purpleinopp 8b AL (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 7, 14 at 10:07

Last time I started one of these, it was already going. If I've managed to miss it again, please LMK, I'll have this removed.

Blooming in July: Aglaonema commutatum.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: July blooms

I haven't noticed anyone hosting this month's blooms yet. Probably too busy shooting fireworks, lol. I hope everyone had a wonderful 4th of July weekend! :)
I have some blooms to post...

This year, I planted a new (for me) variety of strawberry plants, into a spare Topsy Turvy planter that I bought on clearance last year. Well, for the first year, I try pinching back all of the blooms so that the plants can focus on growing bigger instead. (Emphasis on "I try"...) But these strawberry plants have been growing so big so fast, on top of sending out bloom after bloom. It seems as if it has sent out new ones almost overnight, every time I check. I pinch them back, and *POOF!*, more have sprung up in its place. Now, if only this reverse psychology worked on all my other plants, HaHa...

o

I thought this variety would be an interesting choice to grow. It has red blooms, rather than the typical white, and looks like it'd grow nice strawberries. Considering how many blooms it has tried sending out this year, I can only imagine how many it'll have next year.

o

Oriental hybrid lilies are some of my favorite plants. I just love how they fill my entire backyard with their lovely fragrance. :)

o

Lovely!

Plectranthus 'Mona Lavender.'

o

Chrysothemis pulchella, a tropical bulb plant.

o

The 'main plants' are finished blooming but this little Kalanchoe blossfeldiana cutting has decided to bloom.

o

Wax Begonia with double blooms continues to make them.

o

Abutilon bella mix

o

Another abutilon bella in orange,

o

Tweedia blue flowers,

o

This is not blooming yet, but I'm very excited for it to flower. Its a Blood Lily, Haemanthus scadoxus multiflores, a plant that I've been wanting really bad for several years. I finally found the bulb for sale at a Rite Aid of all places. It of course came with a pot that didn't have any drainage holes, so I put it in another pot and it's growing fast....

o

Red pentas, Doing awesome outdoors for the summer.

o

Lilies...
not house plants, but very colorful:

This post was edited by rina_ on Thu, Jul 10, 14 at 1:23

o

...couple more...
Passion flower is a houseplant here, maltese cross a perennial.

This post was edited by rina_ on Thu, Jul 10, 14 at 1:24

o

Here are a few of mine, mostly fragrant though)
It tooks months to get them to come this far..

Bearded Iris
 photo 8A724ECA-3210-4F18-938A-1759E0462C52_zpsactag8lh.jpg

Very fragrant Petunias..Blue

photo DSCF6340_zps0b77fa87.jpg

photo C0BC3213-38E1-4542-B537-9CA880082FAD_zpszk1jbl16.jpg

photo DSCF6357_zps6ffcf81e.jpg

photo DSCF6356_zps659e370c.jpg

photo DSCF6347_zps336862d0.jpg

photo DSCF6345_zps1966db1b.jpg

MOST FRAGRANT..Some sort of orchid..My favorite.

photo DSCF6344_zpsbd07d3c8.jpg

photo DSCF6338_zps0b52e3d9.jpg

photo DSCF6341_zpsb07aa596.jpg

Yellow Gardenia.
 photo DSCF6336_zps84109e0f.jpg

photo DSCF6334_zps6e92d5b2.jpg

Hoya...

photo DSCF6332_zps7b6d389b.jpg

Maxillaria Orchid..Coconut suntan lotion smell

photo DSCF6270_zpse183d9b8.jpg

Chickens Feet..Very fragrant like that of citrus.

photo DSCF6272_zpsdbcb83e1.jpg

My favorite Azeale Weson Innocence

photo 84FC8BFA-F061-43DE-9DBC-01F9AA20C85B_zpspoonmacz.jpg

One of my frogs rearranging furniture....

photo 81D05E12-A617-43D1-B604-36CAE50C6597_zpssdfciep7.jpg

o

Beautiful blooms everyone, all your hard work shows. Mike your froggie is adorable, great pose he's got going on there :>)
This isnt a bloom but in another 8 years it may LOL, its a Zebrina Banana and I love it...

o

Tommyboy69,
I can't get enough of fragrant lilies! Have you gotten a wiff from 'red dutch'? It's an oriental-trumpet hybrid. It's very spicy. Here it is still potted.....i'm procrastinating....
Lilium 'Red dutch

I'm blown away my easter lily actually survived....in a highly protected location though. I suspect it isn't longiflorum like most easter lilies are? regale maybe....but Very fragrant!
Lilium longiflorum year 1

Medinilla magnifica....Looking pretty sad as a plant, but the flower and bract is neat.
Medinilla magnifica flowers

Spathiphyllum
Spathiphyllum (?)

A florists hydrangea, not sure what cultivar. I gave it to my mother when she was in the hospital and i was surprised to see it survived the winter...Little flower head, but neat coloring. Camera can't capture how vivid the colors really are.
Florists hydrangea (?) year 1

o

• Posted by rina_ 5a Ont (My Page) on
    Fri, Jul 11, 14 at 23:41

Mike

Your fragrant beauties - looks like you have garden really full. I like dark-flowering hoya a lot.

Rina

o

Jatropha podagrica

photo 008_zps2e40934e.jpg

Sub named the Isopropyl free lily in return

photo 005_zpsff5efea6.jpg

Euphorbia aeruginosa var. minor.

photo 003_zps7fe26d2b.jpg

Who needs house plants when you can have sparkling dust ?

photo 001_zps5491a69b.jpg

o

This one has been feeling in the mood to flower sence April

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here