Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
repotted peace lily is dying

Posted by EOwego Georgia (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 11, 14 at 11:28

We have had a sentimental peace lily for 4 years and the soil was getting some mildew and smelly, we received advice to repot it with new soil. Which we did. Also with smaller pots in the bottom of the pot for drainage. We were told it would be droopy for a few days. The plant is very droopy for over 2 weeks now. Each time I water, it runs through and out the bottom. The soil seemed to be too wet so we added more soil and took the little pots out and added rocks as we had before. I'm thinking we should try to dry it out. I just don't know what to do to perk it up. Thank you for your help

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: repotted peace lily is dying

Slight chance you not it water for a while ?

o

EOwego,

Look at this link on soils. It's helped me with the my peace lily.

http://forums2.gardenweb.com/forums/load/contain/msg0701092420048.html?10

I recently split my lily into 3s and put them in new pots. They were wilty for a while but they are starting to perk up. My experience over the past several years is that the potting soil sold has too much peat and holds to much water. Also, I've noticed if I forget to water for a while, the soil becomes hydrophobic and water will go right through the pot when watered. HTH.

Chris

o

• Posted by tapla z5b-6a mid-MI (My Page) on
    Sat, Jul 12, 14 at 15:03

Tell us more about the soil you repotted the plant into. Does the top stay moist between waterings? More about the pots in the bottom for drainage ..... please.

Al

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here