Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ashtash

2 house plants, 3 questions

Ashtash
10 years ago

Hey all. I am sure this has been asked and answered here somewhere, I apoligize in advance, I am not on a great device. I have a few questions about a couple of house plants please. I took 1 little "baby" from a spider plant. I planted it in a small pot and it's color is great, but it does not seem to be growing. Should I have taken more than 1 baby, or that's irrellevant? How long before it matures? I also have an ivy plant. Devils Ivy, I think. Heart shaped bright green leaves. Some of the leaves have white swirl like patterns but not all of them. I have taken several cuttings and added to parent to make it fuller. It has lots of vines and new growth but the leaves are very far apart. Two of the vines are 4 ft long but only have 5-6 lesves. Is there something I can do to make it "leafier"? They live on my porch with lots of lights (not direct sun) I admit I occasionally over-water but not often. They are hanging pots. Thankyou for any help or advice. I see pics of other ivys that are so lush and full...I want that.

Comments (2)