Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What are the icons?

Posted by marguerite Ireland (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 31, 12 at 12:35

I've just started noticing these little icons like tiny houses after the titles of some threads. On the GW Home page I see they are to do with images. What are their significance on the house plant forum, does anyone know?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What are the icons?

From what I can tell, it means the opening post of a thread contains a picture.

o

They look like camereas.

o

I thought that might be it, but then I saw that the thread entitled 'Sad dracena' doesn't have any picture, so I got to puzzling again. Or is there a picture and I can't see it?

o

Sorry, I see that thread should be 'Sad Dracaena'.

o

• Posted by rina_ 6a Ont (My Page) on
    Tue, Jul 31, 12 at 16:07

I think these camera icons are 'new' thing, noticed them only very recently. Could it be associated with new 1 photo upload feature?

o

Rina, I believe you're right.

o

The upload thing has been there for weeks but not the icon, which I don't remember seeing before today. Just glad somebody's doing some updating!

o

• Posted by rina_ 6a Ont (My Page) on
    Tue, Jul 31, 12 at 17:56

purple, that's true. I checked few of the threads, and icon seems to show up if there is a post with 1pic feature just very recently...as you say, at least they are doing some updating - perhaps in baby steps...Rina

o

Hey the pic/camera icon "knows" I embedded pics in a post from a 3rd party. Slick!

o

Thanks very much for the explanations. All is clear now.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here