Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
ZZ plant

Posted by brownthumbia 5aIA (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 10, 13 at 13:51

Was just wondering, because I can't find any info for a ZZ plant, I have to ask, is that strictly an inside plant or can it be planted outside? Also, I live in Iowa so our winters can be pretty brutal. I appreciate your help, the plant is growing like it doesn't know any better and I'm just wondering where it's gonna end up. thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: ZZ plant

It is strictly tropical and wont even survive an alabama winter let alone yours. But they can summer outside in a shady area

o

Okay, thanks so much. Hope my furnace doesn't go out this winter!!

o

ZZ Plants, Zamioculcas zamiifolia, are native to tropical and warm temperate areas of Africa. They prefer average minimum temperatures above 18C but will still be okay a little below that. Any hint of frost and they're in trouble, if not already gone.

o

Mine is staying in the house, it's growing out of control!!

o

Mine tripled in size in seven months and took mealy bug like a it wasn't even there. so I know what you mean by growing out of control. lol

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here