Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Please share pics of houseplants summering outside. Some of mine)

Posted by meyermike_1micha 5 (mikerno_1@yahoo.com) on
Tue, Jul 31, 12 at 14:02

I'll hate to bring these in from outside. How are your plants doing? Where do you keep them? In sun? In shade? Please. let's see some of your happy campers!

A few group plantings.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

A variegated Oleander

Photobucket

Murraya Paniculata. VERY fragrant!

Photobucket

Chinese Perfume Tree in the center. Fragrant

Photobucket

Another Piniculta

Photobucket

Gold Fish plant

Photobucket

Photobucket

Variegated stick plant and a few others

Photobucket

Photobucket

A few Orchids some re-flowering and very fragrant

Photobucket

Photobucket

Variegated 'Gollum' jade plant

Photobucket

A couple of special Hoya plants starting to flower

Photobucket

Photobucket

Desert rose starting to flower.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Here are just a few. we would love to see a few of yours before the fall approaches. Thank you:-)

Mike

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Please share pics of houseplants summering outside. Some of m

Mike, WOW!!!!!

Your plants are The Bomb!!! :)

Great job. I love your Oleander..when did you get it?
Variegated, to boot.

Is your Natal Plum from Accents? It really grew, if so.

Is the plant in pic-one, Euphorbia?

Your variegated Gollum is to die for. Where did you find it???? Hehe..lol.

Congrats, Toni

o

Mike, I love your plants, and they are all in such gorgeous condition. Which is the Natal Plum?
I have no plants outside, the weather has been awful all summer. Maybe later an inside post would do.

o

• Posted by whip1 z5 ne Ohio (My Page) on
    Tue, Jul 31, 12 at 16:32

Mike,
Looking great! What's the second picture?

Here's a few of mine.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I hope my plants grow up to look as nice as yours!

Rob

o

Possibly Senecio???

o

Gosh! Awesome!

Susan

o

Hi Mike and all, I love this kind of thread...I really like to see all your great plants and where you grow them....I hope you all like my pictures here goes.........
new plants to add to my fairy garden
Photobucket
my fairy garden garden...
Photobucket
my cc recooperating after the storm....
Photobucket
a gift from a friend...love this plant...
Photobucket
my new cactus...
Photobucket
a trade from a friend on GW...rat tail doing well....
Photobucket
my plant cove....
Photobucket
my cactus...getting tall.....
Photobucket
new pitcher plant, I need growing advise on this one, any one have this plant???
Photobucket
and my pond.....
Photobucket
well I hope you all like the pics and I would like to hear what you think.....linda.....thanks Mike, love this thread, lets see lots of pictures people......

o

• Posted by rina_ 6a Ont (My Page) on
    Tue, Jul 31, 12 at 21:56

Linda

Great, healthy looking plants, great variety...and I like whimsical touches too.
The axe and the pitchfork make me gigle...Rina

o

Oh such beautiful plants everyone! Linda, look at that group set up you have going there:-)
It's so good to see the pond going and the water looks great. Now that is a nice place to put your plants to protect them from storms. Very nice. I love the cat tail and your gift from a friend in which you will see why.
Linda, are those succulents in the window box perennials? If so, that's a GREAT idea for my yard next year.

Toni! Thank you:-) Yes that is from Accents and it did grow fast, right? That top pic is an Euphorbia, but I have no clue of the name:-(
You know how I feel about variegated plants.

Rob:-))) Looking good there. I think you have some nice looking ZZ"s and other plants. I like ALL your jades!

Thank you Rina, Susan and Marguerite!

Here are a few more specimens. It just cleared up so I took a few more pics.

Fragrant Piniculata! Loaded with blooms and started from a cutting.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Grapefruit tree

Photobucket

Orange and Ponderosa Lemon tree

Photobucket

Photobucket

A Mini Fig tree
Photobucket

Photobucket

Variegated Natal Plum, fragrant

Photobucket

Variegated Calamondin

Photobucket

Photobucket

Hoya Flower, Fragrant

Photobucket

A few more Succulents

A Variegated Pencil Stick, Red Horn, A Jade from Japan, Jades and other succulents I don't know the name of.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

My Michelia Alba, very fragrant!

Photobucket

Brunfelsia, very fragrant!

Photobucket

Mike:-)

o

Everyone's plants look oh so healthy and gorgeous.

Marguerite. Didn't see your question yesterday. Mike's Natal Plums are in pics 6 and 18. Pic 18 is variegated Natal Plum...isn't it a beauty???

Linda, you have a beautiful garden.

Are your Fairy Garden plants potted directly in the windowbox, or in smaller containers?

Your Aeonium has quite a trunk, 'gift from friend.'

Your PP is amazing...sorry, I can't offer suggestions. Neps are out of my league.

Whip, your Jade has one HUGE trunk. WOW!
Your Adenium is really filling out nicely.
Do you plan on keeping Pony Tails in the one container? Toni

o

Love looking at these pics!

On the steps are some pots that are usually up in the shade but they stepped out to enjoy yesterday's rains.

o

Hey, Mike, thanks for starting this Thread....! :-)
Hello, everyone, thank you all for sharing your collections!
I have only a few new images at the moment, but they're packed full of plants, haha.

Mike, you might recognize some of these - 7 or 8 are plants you've sent ;-)
I'll get more pics in a couple days.

Photobucket

A couple more....

Photobucket

Josh

o

Hi all...everyones plants look so great...great pictures....
Mike are all those varigated jades your special jade????
they all look great.....
the window box is just a long planter that I'm using as a planter for my fairy garden, all the plants are planted in it....and I bring it in for the winter.....I am trying to find a new planter to move my fairy garden into....
thanks for the nice comments......linda

o

I see them! Many thanks, Toni. Everyone's plants are amazing, so healthy and happy looking.

o

Gorgeous, everybody! Mike, your plant collection is incredible.

o

Snapped pics on the side of the house yesterday...Still have the front and back yard.

Can't post all, too many..lol.

Purple Heart variegata

Purple Heart

Plectranthus

Plectranthus

Hoya

Hoya

Hoya
Hoya

Hoya

Hoya

Hoya Kerrii
Hoya

Hoya Kerri Reverse

Hoya

Hoya

Hoya

Hoya ovata

Hoya

Hoya Speckle

Hoya

Brugmansia, that will be placed in pot in autumn

Brugmansia

Everyone's plants are gorgeous! Toni

o

Forgot my Begonia and Gardenia..

Begonia

Gardenia

Gardenia

Gardenia

o

Josh...Your plants are absolutely beautiful and cute!
I do notice a few and I knew they would be perfectly fine, if not better in your care! You certainly have a way with making things flourish!

I love the special orchid you have if you could post that?
And a few others I love are your CC and Hoya's! You know how I feel about Hoya. I remember all your plants and always wonder how they are. That little Ponderosa too and Chinese plant.

You're having very HOT weather. The Jades tell it all.:-)

Toni! Well, let there be Hoya's...lol I never saw so many variegated ones. Now, the big question? Where did you get them? I love that first Hoya you posted. Are they slow growers, the variegated ones? I have one and it has grown one leaf in a year.lol
I love the smell of your gardenia from here. Beautiful!

Purple! Do I sense a Begonia addiction? They are so beautiful. I have always wanted to try a tubuler one since I think this might be easier for me to grow, but can never find them. They are so tall and comforting to surround you I'll bet! What a lovely porch and nice setting.
That WHITE leaf plant in the 5th picture down on the porch. What is that? I love it! It looks variegated.
Beautiful. I only wish I had local friends and family that loved my plants the way my friends here do:-(
Thank God for this forum:-)

Rhizo:-)))))))))))))))))))))))....Thank you:-))))))))

Linda: Hello. I did not even post one jade from the mother jade. Those are all from a good friend whom got them from abroad. They don't sell those types here in the U.S, well I at least I don't know of any source.
They are awesome because the coloring never reverts back to green, no matter what time of the year.
I love the window box idea. I am going to start looking for perennial succulents and make a set up like that.

I am SURE there a scores of members here with nice plants. We can't wait to see your pics!

Thanks again everyone. I'll post more of mine later.

I hope Tapla/Al notices a couple of special ones that I deliberately posted:-)

o

Mike, thanks for the kind compliments. The frost porch is my fav thing about this house, no doubt! That's a Drac. marginata 'tricolor' that's made a weird mostly-white stalk. Funny you should ask about it, going to post some pics of it today. I'd say I do have a Begonia addiction. Don't know much about them in general, but the cane type is sure fun to play with if one likes to propagate!

o

Good heavens, Mike! They're stunning! If I hadn't seen them myself I would have thought them fake. I am particularly jealous of your Murraya Paniculata, which I fell in love with. The smell is incredible. Perhaps you can teach me to grow one, and maybe even a gardenia? Those are the next two on my list, I think. And then maybe a lime tree... This gardening thing is one big slippery slope, but I'm glad to have a mentor so close by. :-)

o

HI Purple...No problem. I tellit as it is, and boy I wish I could rock on them chairs on a nice warm evening listening to crickets with the sound of thunder in the back round! Those Begonia must be fun:-)

Incuable! I love that name, you know that:-)
What a surprise to see you here! I am so excited and honored.
Thank you for your kind words. It always feels god to help you and push you down that slippery slope.lol Hey, I'm right behind you all the way:-)
Maybe we can find a way to hook you up witha cutting or something? Let me see about that.
Yes, the fragrance is HEAVENLY! Especially on these warm and humid nights. One little tree you can smell feet away!
I am loving them and these last few warm nights. I wish they would stick around for months longer, instead of just a few more weeks.
Hey, I am so sorry about your little friend by the way:-(
Been thinking of you.

Mike

o

Hey, Mike!

Well I took some pics of a few special plants this afternoon when I got home from work.

First up, my 'Josh Green' orchid...just growing new leaves at the moment. My Peace Lily
is looking in need of fertilizer in the background, but it's been blooming nicely for a month.

Photobucket

Hoya obovata...I took this cutting on June 7, 2011 - and now, a year later, it's blooming!

Photobucket

H. obovata bloom...mostly open.

Photobucket

Chinese Perfume tree...getting ready to bloom again!

Photobucket

Some special Jades...two types of variegated Jade, along with a rare Crassula ovata 'Gargoyle' -
only about 25 of these out there.

Photobucket

'Crosby's Compact' that ought to make a nice bonsai...a gift from Mike :-)

Photobucket

'Hobbit' that is shaping up to a very nice bonsai. I've pruned this one down on two occasions,
but still have work to do. Another excellent gift from Mike :-)

Photobucket

And this is my stump Jade, originally a large cutting from Joscience...but I froze it unfortunately,
leaving only the stump - which resprouted. I call this one "Die Drei Saufer" - The Three Drinkers :-)

Photobucket

This is the only Begonia I grow...incredibly tough, tolerates the heat, and I throw
it under the house in the dark all Winter, and it grows back when I take it out in the Spring.

Photobucket

And, lastly, not a houseplant...my variegated Pink Eureka Lemon....undergoing a massive flush
of new growth.

Photobucket

Josh

o

Sat, Aug 4, 12 at 13:39

Mike,
Great idea with this thread. I love looking at the plants and their surroundings! All of your plants look great! I have no idea how you make room for them in the winter.
Toni,
Thank you for the compliments. I have the Ponytail Palms in the trough to put some size on them for a few years. So far, it seems to be working. Once they get bigger, they'll get their own pots.
Purple,
That front porch is perfect for house plants!
Josh,
I love your jades. I could look at them all day.

Keep the pics coming all.

Rob

o

Rob, the trunks are huge. What are you feeding them? lol.

What size pot is your Adenium in?

Linda, forgot to mention your tin man..he's so cute. :)

Mike, think we were typing the same time. Again, your tropicals, sub-tropicals and succulents are amazing!

Little figs..awwww..I want one..lol..j/k..no room/light.

Those citrus..and the variegated ponderosa is amazing.

And your variegated Jade!!! luv it!

Purple..your porch is looking fantastic..

Your Begonia's are beautiful! They got so big and colorful.

Josh, Wow, your Josh Green got big. I remember when you were first given this plant by your grandpa.

Your Hoya and Begonia blooms are gorgeous.

Is Crosby Compact a Jade? It's quite rare. So nice.

How much sun is your Aglaia getting? Toni

o

Everyone's Plants are Gorgeous! I have moved most of mine back indoors. Between the Heat & Grasshoppers they weren't fairing well.

o

Sat, Aug 4, 12 at 19:12

Toni,
The large jades are from caudex1. He rescued and trimmed a large Jade tree, and those are cuttings from it. This is what they looked like when I got them.
Photobucket
The Adenium is in an 8 inch pot, and hopefully blooming soon.

Rob

o

Linda! Looking back at your pictures, now I am curious as to what that plant is hanging with what looks like slippers on it! I want one..lol

Rob! Wow! That is what I have to say and you lucky thing you, to get a plant from Caudex1! What a nice person he is:-)

Oh Josh! Thank you, thank you, and another thank you for posting some of your favorite, and mine I must say, for me, us. I JUst love them all! I'll bet your Chinese perfume tree and its elusive smell is a pleasure to you! Mine is.
Your variegated citrus has grown so much and such lovely color, and your jades are to die for just as Rob says! I LOVE the yellowing on them So different than mine. I wish I had one that could yellow like that!

Lavonn: I am so sorry to hear of that! What a weird summer it's been, right? I hope you can put them back out soon. Do you have a pic you would like to share?:-)

Toni!!! Thank you for your kind comments! I just wonder if I will ever get bored with them. Then, whom shall I give them too?
Oh, I think you could find room for another plant..you know the saying.." there is always room for one more":)

Josh, again, you know me being partial towards citrus. Such a beautiful Tree!

Mike

o

Hey all, the plants are great and great pictures....
thanks to all who posted.....
Mike the plant you are looking at is a pitcher plant-its a carnivorous plant....I got it at Home Depot last week and now that I have read about it, it might be a hard one to over winter in the house, right now it will love hanging over the pond and all the bugs and water, but come winter it will have to be indoors, dry winter house... I will see....I wonder how hard it would be to ship one to you????? let me know if you want to try it. check your local Home Depot....keep the pictures coming everyone.....I love looking at others plants and where they grow them.....linda

o

o

Wow, everyone has such a beautiful array of great plants.
This is really a bad idea for me to look at everyone's
collection, gives me ideas.

o

Rina, it's taken me a while to look through your pics, so many good ones! I love the structure of your post, too, way cool! It's nice to encounter someone else who appreciates Catalpa. I love the huge leaves.

o

Rob, think I saw Caudex's Jade. It was huge, purchased on Ebay, right?

It was very nice of him? to send you such healthy plants.

If possible, do you know the amount of space between Adeniums rootball and container?
I fear potting my Adeniums in pots too big or deep.

Mike, I won't get bored, but I worry what will happen to my plants when I go to, hopefully, heaven...:)
Know what I mean? Time flies..not getting younger..

Room for one more..Nowadays, I have to rethink addopting, 'one more'...Plants are getting larger, and space IS a problem. lol.

Rina, do you not allow your plants to get rained on? You mentioned an umbrella..

Your plants are doing fantastic.

What is the first plant, growing between rocks in row 6? Are roots growing in the crevice?

Entero..Gives you ideas for???? Adding new plants? lol

o

Purple,
Thank you. The catalpa was just a sucker, so I am very happy that it 'made it', this is 2nd year in the pot. Needs better soil (finally have supply of pine fines, yay!)
And I have to give credit to Rosemarie for posting 'how to post multi photos' months ago, I had no idea how to do it.

Toni,
I love rain on my plants - did not have enough this year so far...I 'hide' cacti & succulents under umbrella in case of too much or heavy rain. Some still gets thru, just enough for them to get drink. Day I took photos, we had short but heavy rain.
The plant growing between rocks is 'donkey tail spurge' or euphorbia myrsinites. It is hardy here, grows very easily - no care needed, except to keep it where you want it, it could reseed easily. But I don't have problems with it so far. It grows in the crevices (& there is a volunteer columbine growing there too...)

o

Purple,
Thank you. The catalpa was just a sucker, so I am very happy that it 'made it', this is 2nd year in the pot. Needs better soil (finally have supply of pine fines, yay!)
And I have to give credit to Rosemarie for posting 'how to post multi photos' months ago, I had no idea how to do it.

Toni,
I love rain on my plants - did not have enough this year so far...I 'hide' cacti & succulents under umbrella in case of too much or heavy rain. Some still gets thru, just enough for them to get drink. Day I took photos, we had short but heavy rain.
The plant growing between rocks is 'donkey tail spurge' or euphorbia myrsinites. It is hardy here, grows very easily - no care needed, except to keep it where you want it, it could reseed easily. But I don't have problems with it so far. It grows in the crevices (& there is a volunteer columbine growing there too...)

o

Entero,

I agree with you. When I joined GW in Feb this year, I owned only large jade plant (cacti/succulents-had few other potted house plants) and couple of kalanchoes and burro's tail. Now, there is about 50...and numerous leaves being rooted, and the jade got whacked so there is many cuttings...I blame all those beautiful photos of other members.

Sorry about double post above, I don't know how I did that...Rina

o

Sorry about double post above, I don't know how I did that.

I'm amateur investigating this, so may I ask, was there a cell phone involved? Clicking back button on computer browser? Thanks!

o

Purple,

no cell phone, I must have done something on my laptop but have no idea what...Don't think it was back button, but I did preview couple of times. Rina

o

these are all i have except for a few hanging up, not nearly as nice as all yours~ but I'm working on it!! hehe
Photobucket
remember that baby Rope Hoya I had? Take a look at it now! I cannot beleive how much it has grown!

o

Rina, thanks, it's definitely a mystery.

Lamora, impressive newish collection. That Hoya looks great! I like how the one little spider's pot has its' nutritional info - LOL! Gives new meaning to "healthy plant." I admit, during the summer I buy a cake once in a while, too hot to turn on the oven to make our own, and the lid of those makes an awesome pot, wider and more shallow than a traditional pot, and see-through. Won't have to wonder what the roots are doing in those.
What kind of dog - great Dane? Your dog and ours could be twins!

o

Fri, Aug 10, 12 at 10:18

Purple

I posted on cacti/succulents forum this morning (Question about donkey tail), and same happened - double post, definitely did not use back button, no phone. Did preview (corrected spelling) once...It bugs me.
Rina

o

LOVE the plants, but I also like peeking at your living rooms and yards, lol.

o

lol-- did NOT EVEN NOTICE!! (nutrional value) but oh well, "do with what you have", is my motto. I have 3 spider plants in different pots, I think I am about ready to put them together, all but one "curly" (bonnie if i remmeber right) I want her alone. but to me they all look curly, and I am sure that at least one is from the straight side of the mamma.

Oh and the Dane??? I WANT ONE!! very beautiful animal, I miss mine so much. Hoping one day I will be able to get another one... Sadie is a good girl tho, love her to pieces, spoiled out of her mind tho~~ lol

o

Lamora!!!! Are those the curly spiders I saw?? lol
I had to give in and order one online. It came and
I love it. You are soooo lucky! Sorry right now my
eyes are green with envy! Hope no one noticed.

o

Enterotoxigenic00~~ yep~ curly spider plant, seems like they are hard to find, funny thing is, it was the first spider I seen in the store, I wasnt even LOOKING for plant then, didn't want one. Had NO plants at time. But this one? HAD to have it. Mamma Spider is hanging up, she isn't in the photo. Here she is. She is coming out of a hard last few months.
Photobucket

She's gonna be just fine tho, she told me.. :)
Marjie

o

Here are some of mine. Most are on my front deck which gets a little dappled sunshine throughout the day.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Three Brugmansias, ass't plants on a tiered stand and my little greenhouse in the backyard.
Photobucket

A few succulents on the back deck in the sun.
Photobucket

o

The pics in this thread are amazing! Love everyone's plants!

o

Here st my plants outside....all of them are rescues this year besides the fern and the AV. The others were on the dead rack and have just thrived.
Have a great day!!!
Carla

o

These were all rescues.

o

The Christmas cactus is not a rescue...it belonged to my g-g-g-grandmother...

o

This fern was a rescue last year and I almost threw it away.

o

Just a couple of mine that are currently outside:

Hoya carnosa 'Krimson Princess, Cryptanthus (Earth Star) 'Chocolate Soldier,' and Hoya carnosa' Krimson Princess.' The hoyas cost me $.02 with a gift card and the Cryptanthus was clearanced for a total of $1.37. It has since flushed with color, is now budding (if you can squint close enough) and has two pups!

o

Sorry I can't post more than one photo at a time in the same post, webshots is disagreeing with me right now and won't allow me to upload anything. This is my Thanksgiving Cactus, I recently repotted it and it's since exploded.

o

Last but not least, here are some Lepismium cruciforme cuttings that are showing new growth already (the new growth is teeny tiny, can't really photograph it well)! I also have three ZZ plant leaves that are forming roots and little "potatoes" as I call them, and three Sansevieria cuttings that have produced roots (of which, neither of these are pictured, don't want to bore you with pictures of leaves). Thanks for looking.

Planto

o

Mike,
How's the phlo 'Hope' I sent you. I know you liked the larger sized ones and I said 'Hope' wasn't supposed to get very big. Well it was too big for me to take care of. Also are those the agaves I sent you? Looking good my friend. I pictured my plants in another posting here (cactus & Sec.) but not nearly as nice as the ones here. I didn't post my house plants just my cactus and suc. and my sansevierias. Might not be a bad idea just for record keeping purposes.
Stush

o

Continuing the dog and pony show

Photobucket

o

cant get more than one

o

Sun, Aug 26, 12 at 12:15

plantmasterm

just posted instructions on your other thread...

o

My begonia collection summers under crape myrtles at top of drive. When they come in it's to black plastic greenhouse benches at four south-facing windows. These benches are my limit; if they don't fit; I can't commit. [So far....]

o

Hi Mike,

Love seeing all of your trees!!

They all look so healthy...

Love seeing everyone plants they all look wonderful.

Im sorry that i haven't posted to your thread, but i will get some pics up. I dont have many others vaarieties that most have on here, but i can share some of what i have..

K is getting ready to have her little one soon, so i have been busy with her and gettings things done. Her hubby just arrived back from Aftganistan and im so glad he is home for the birth. WHOO HOO "welcome home 82nd Airborne"

I just wanted to say that i was thinking of you and i will post some pics soon.

Hi to Sissy!! (hugs too!) I will miss the trip up to BOS , but K willl be having her baby then. Same time as moms reunion, so maybe next year...

Thanks for the great pics.. Josh, your special orchid is looking fabulous. You should be so proud.. : )

Take care,

Laura

o

some of my beauties

o

MY GOODNESS EVERYONE!

I have been so not feeling well these days and finally had a moment to take a quick peek at this thread!

Thanks for the beautiful flowers, plants, fun, and party!
It's just what I needed to end my day.
So much to see and say and I don't know where to begin since I last posted.

I must say I am feeling kind of teh blues seeing how fast the cool nights are creeping up on my plants! Soon I will have to use a space heater again to keep my orchids warm at night in the greenhouse.

A special hello to Laura since I know she has been through much. Much love from here!

Stush, I have a surprise for you soon to be seen here or at the cactus forum.

Sorry I have to run, but you all know how much I enjoy your plants and knowing you all.

o

one more

o

Thu, Aug 30, 12 at 22:17

plantmasterm

your beauties are beautiful - shiny leaves, are they always so clean?
Is that a kalanchoe in second photo, planted in terracotta pot?

Rina

o

Hello, everyone!

Just got back to this Thread, and boy has it grown!
Laura, hello! :-D Mike, I hope you're feeling better, buddy.
I think I have something here that might cheer you up, Mike....
remember those Trident cuttings I took? ;-)

o

Rina, sorry it has taken me so long to respond, due to rains from tropical storm I haven't had any power for 2 1/2 days..yes that is indeed a kanlanchoe..its a monster the leaves measure 10 1/2" x 4 3/4"..as far as the leaves are concerned I would say that is due to all of the rain we've had

o

plantmasterm

No problem at all.
Bad enough not to have power, hope no other damage from the storm.

Rina

o

Wow, I haven't looked at this in a few days and am also blown away!! Although I wouldn't want all of the pictured plants, I've enjoyed looking at every single pic, and continue to be blown away by the vast array of plants collected here.

I took a ton of pics to suggest plants to a friend and ended up writing a blog (never done that before) when my daughter and other people expressed an interest in looking at it, and I was unhappy with an email because the editing was so awkward. When I went to put some of those pics on photobucket for this thread, it said my cheap (free) account is full. So although there are non-house plants in here, my prettiest house plants are part of foliage blog.

o

Just a little bump, hoping that Mike will see some of the recent updates for him ;-)

Josh

o

Hey Josh! I am amazed...How did you do that? I couldn't root a maple if you paid me. In fact, I tried to saved a few branches from mine but I think the abrupt frigid weather after a spell of unusually high temps might of killed them.
I have to say..Whohoo!!!!! To that buddy, thanks! Great job.

Jeff, your dig cracks me up...lol

Purple, I shall have to take a look at your blog. I can't wait. What's that red trunked plant on your porch to the far right? I like it. It must be amazing for anyone to walk by your home and look at your porch with all those hanging plants.

Lamora, extremely nice. Thank you.

Josh, once again, thanks so much for a peek at once of my best and for what you do.

MIke

Hi Rina!

Plantsmasterm...Very nice. Love them all!

Stush, how are you? Yes, they are all doing remarkable! I will take a pic of a few for you! I appreciate what you sent me for sure. I did have a problem with the phlo, so I stuck it under the trees and left it alone, hoping it would be ok. I am going to take a peek now..............

Mary...If they don't fit, you can't commit? I am just about there.lol I do not own a Begonia yet. I did and the leaves would rot away, but am tempted to try again. They are beautiful, especially the cane ones.

Planto, does that cactus plant flower for you> I love it. I can't believe the deal you got! Mine has bud and I am just waiting for the flowers to open. I can see yours.

Pigle, very very nice. Thank you/

Elky, you know which ones of yours I like. Magnificent!

Laura! How did it go? Are you a proud Mom again? Oops. Grandma? He must be so cute! I am so happy her husband was able to see this. What a blessing!
By the way, I hope to see you soon again:-) We shall chat soon! Would love to see baby pics.

o

Mike, I think you're asking about a Begonia, but not sure, maybe Cordyline fruticosa. I move stuff around a lot and not sure which pic you are asking about, sorry.

o

Hey Mike!

This is one of the few plants I kept outside this summer, got some nice colour...

Christopher

o

The real Aloe vera in flower - my first pure Aloe to do so.

Photobucket

Christopher,

A Haworthia? Looks empurpled and rocky.

o

Hi Jeff,

I have posted that one before, Haworthia pygmaea f. crystallina, to the best of my knowledge, but this is the first time it's been outdoors for any length of time...At least it tanned, and did not burn, unlike some of its less fortunate brethren in my care lately.

Nice Aloe flower stalk, nice to see the genuine A. vera. Veritas!

Christopher

o

Purple, on August 23 at 9:30 you posted it again! I love it!
This time it's to the far left. It is the reddest one there. It's beautiful.

Chris....How did you get that plant to look so purple? It's quite different and very nice!

Jeff, what do you mean by 'real' Aloe vera? I have had many, and never got mine to flower like that. Nice

o

Mike,

There are lots of Aloe vera sold as the real thing, but they have orange flowers, making them not the real thing.

o

One of my Jade plants.

o

Mike:

To answer your question, either

A) Dumb luck, which some people on this forum give too little credit to,

OR

B) Lots of Sun.

Christopher

o

Mike, this thread has grown. I too have been very sick...hope you're feeling better.

Everyone's plants are doing great. Like some of you here, IL nights are getting cold..too cold for Sept. We've already had nights in the 40's. Blah!!!

Christopher, your succulent has a beautiful purple hue. So very nice. Toni

o

Hi Toni, the simple answer to the colour was shocking it with full sun, after having been indoors for a year.

I was sick for a couple of weeks myself, some fumes at work did a job on my immune system.

We've had some nights in the 40's already too, I think tonight will be another one. Time to get serious about moving to Florida...

Christopher.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here