Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Leaf spot disease?

Posted by fandog 6a (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 21, 13 at 14:35

I have a few of these spots on the leaves of my dracaena marginata. Also, the tips of the leaves are brown and i water with unchlorinated and flouride free well water. I dont believe i am over watering so im wondering if these spots are just sun burn. Any advice?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Leaf spot disease?

Heres another photo of some pre burn/disease.

o

I dont have this plant but with any plant if you find abnormalities on the leaves or stems, You should cut them off and get rid of them so that if it does turn out to be a disease, it wont spread to the rest of the plant. And do it quick!

PLANTS RULE

pumpkin

o

What kind of water do you use? My palms leaves get spots similar to those sometimes because of chemicals in tap water.

PLANTS RULE

pumpkin

o

OOPS! SORRY! You said you use well water. I'm stupid

o

Ive read that perlite contains flouride and there is a little bit of perlite in the potting mix, but i didnt think there was enough to affect the plant this negatively.

o

Is the soil mostly peat? Hard to tell from a pic, but looks like it. How long have you had this pretty little tree?

o

Its not nearly as well draining as it should be because i didnt want to add perlite like i usually do because of the flouride. So, youre thinking too much water could be the problem?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here