Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New houseplants

Posted by teengardener1888 Albany,NY,z5a (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 21, 12 at 15:18

I havent been on gardenweb since early june, so i'd like to tell people about some of my new plants(cant post photos, sorry)but here is a list of new plants i gotten since then

peace lily
neanthra bella palm
new spider plants(my favorite houseplant)
oaxilis "Purple Charm"

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New houseplants

Too bad you can't post photos of your Oxalis, those are very pretty. Sounds like you have a good list going of easy to care for plants.

Planto

o

Fun! I love Oxalis, too. Hope your summer has been going well! I did notice your absence, you were missed.

o

Me too, I wondered where you went, Teen. Two of my houseplants are oxalis, I just love them. Talk about plants with forgiving natures...I also love the parlour palm, I don't keep peace plant nor spider plants at the moment for lack of room and having to make some kind of choice, but they are beautiful. Any chance of some pictures?

My oxalis plants are both Oxalis regnelli, one purple with pink flowers and the other green with white flowers. I think yours might be different.

Good luck with them all.

o

Let's see of the photos come up

o

Oh no! The photo is on it's side,we'll anyway here are my peace lily and parlor palm and other plants

o

Wow! Those are really BIG plants - the palm and the other one beside it.

The pic below looks like a Calathea, a very nice one!

o

Last one is Maranta Kerchoveana (at least that's what we call them in Europe).

Don't worry if it dies back a bit at some stage - they seem to go through an annual cycle of dying off a bit then bouncing righht back, like a perennial!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here