Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
fin2ya

Spider plant

Tuija
10 years ago

My spider plant have had a summer holiday :)

Comments (22)

• birdsnblooms
    10 years ago

Hey Fin... Your Spider plants were on holiday...where did they go? :) j/k.

They look great. I like the shelf, too.

Where on earth did you find a shelf w/pole that reaches the ceiling?
    Is it meant for a bathroom? How much weight does it hold?
    How tall is the ceiling?

Very nice setup. I'd like to find a shelf like yours for my Spiders. Toni

• Tuija
    Original Author
    10 years ago

My balkony ceiling is about 260 cm....8 feet... I think. This is not meant for a bathroom. This is a much stronger. I bought it the furniture store. I do not know how much it takes the weight. Each level takes many kilograms. They are made of plastic.

• a1pha_fema1e
    10 years ago

They are gorgeous, I love the stand too!

• rhizo_1 (North AL) zone 7
    10 years ago

The spider plants look wonderful on that stand. Perfect!

• pirate_girl
    10 years ago

They do look wonderful, seem particularly happy & healthy. Great looking arrangement, I think a number of us would like a pole like that for our plants (maybe even the balcony too).

• Tuija
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks a lot!

• christine1950
    10 years ago

Very nice, I love the variegated spiders too..

• Tiffany, purpleinopp Z8b Opp, AL
    10 years ago

Looks like spider plants love it. Pretty!

• birdsnblooms
    10 years ago

Morning All,

Fin, the reason I asked if your pole was for the bathroom... shelves similiar to yours are sold here, but very light weight.
    They sure couldn't hold a Spider plant, let alone five, or any plant in a container larger than 3"..kept dry.

The poles extend, but normally reach 6'.

Very nice set-up. Toni

• teengardener1888
    10 years ago

I am the self proclaimed king of spider plants and I haved to say, WHAT IS YOUR SECRET!! You have some of the healthiest spider plants EVER!

• Tuija
    Original Author
    10 years ago

hello!
    My secret is that. I do not take care of them almost at all. I mist them a few times a week. I water when they are almost dry. Bring them into the tub and put the plug closed. I'll give them a good shower. I will let them be in the tub for about 20 minutes. Next, I will give the water to drain out of the bottom. After one hour, I check that the saucer is dry. That's it. When they are indoor in my bedroom, they get morning sun a couple of hours. No direct sunlight. In the winter I do not fertilize them at all. In the summertime only one or two times and then very modestly. The funniest thing about those are that this green spider plant is the largest, but it is only 7 months old. I've raised it myself from pup. Another is 1 and 2 years old.
    I hope you understood my writings. Lines, the arrangement is not exactly my best skills in the English language LOL : D

Tuija

• birdsnblooms
    10 years ago

Tuija,

You're grammar is fine.

I've read and heard variegated plants grow slower than green. Don't know if it's fact or fiction, but I find it to be true. Toni

• pumpkineater2
    10 years ago

From my experience I have found that the green ones do grow faster.I have grown green spider plants from seed and they are way bigger than my variegated ones yet they are only a few months old.

• Tuija
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Toni
    I also think it is true.

• Tuija
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Toni
    I also think it is true.

• teengardener1888
    10 years ago

It is true that many variegated plants are slower growing, but dont think that variegated spider plants wont grow drastically QUICKLY!

• Tuija
    Original Author
    10 years ago

One month ago it bloomed. Flowers are something really delicate look. Cute flowers.

• xmikelx
    10 years ago

Now I miss my spider. They grow so fast and wide .

• greentoe357
    10 years ago

Fin, I like how your curtain pattern matches the spider plants and flowers.

• Tuija
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you! I like it too.
    Tuija

• Tuija
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you! I like it too.
    Tuija

• teengardener1888
    10 years ago

I like the look of spider plant flowers. Mines are flowering outdoors right now. Does anyone know that spider plant flowers attract bee occasionally

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH