Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Spider plant

Posted by fin2ya 4 (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 8, 13 at 15:19

My spider plant have had a summer holiday :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Spider plant

Hey Fin... Your Spider plants were on holiday...where did they go? :) j/k.

They look great. I like the shelf, too.

Where on earth did you find a shelf w/pole that reaches the ceiling?
Is it meant for a bathroom? How much weight does it hold?
How tall is the ceiling?

Very nice setup. I'd like to find a shelf like yours for my Spiders. Toni

o

My balkony ceiling is about 260 cm....8 feet... I think. This is not meant for a bathroom. This is a much stronger. I bought it the furniture store. I do not know how much it takes the weight. Each level takes many kilograms. They are made of plastic.

o

They are gorgeous, I love the stand too!

o

The spider plants look wonderful on that stand. Perfect!

o

They do look wonderful, seem particularly happy & healthy. Great looking arrangement, I think a number of us would like a pole like that for our plants (maybe even the balcony too).

o

Thanks a lot!

o

Very nice, I love the variegated spiders too..

o

Looks like spider plants love it. Pretty!

o

Morning All,

Fin, the reason I asked if your pole was for the bathroom... shelves similiar to yours are sold here, but very light weight.
They sure couldn't hold a Spider plant, let alone five, or any plant in a container larger than 3"..kept dry.

The poles extend, but normally reach 6'.

Very nice set-up. Toni

o

I am the self proclaimed king of spider plants and I haved to say, WHAT IS YOUR SECRET!! You have some of the healthiest spider plants EVER!

o

hello!
My secret is that. I do not take care of them almost at all. I mist them a few times a week. I water when they are almost dry. Bring them into the tub and put the plug closed. I'll give them a good shower. I will let them be in the tub for about 20 minutes. Next, I will give the water to drain out of the bottom. After one hour, I check that the saucer is dry. That's it. When they are indoor in my bedroom, they get morning sun a couple of hours. No direct sunlight. In the winter I do not fertilize them at all. In the summertime only one or two times and then very modestly. The funniest thing about those are that this green spider plant is the largest, but it is only 7 months old. I've raised it myself from pup. Another is 1 and 2 years old.
I hope you understood my writings. Lines, the arrangement is not exactly my best skills in the English language LOL : D

Tuija

o

Tuija,

You're grammar is fine.

I've read and heard variegated plants grow slower than green. Don't know if it's fact or fiction, but I find it to be true. Toni

o

From my experience I have found that the green ones do grow faster.I have grown green spider plants from seed and they are way bigger than my variegated ones yet they are only a few months old.

o

Toni
I also think it is true.

o

Toni
I also think it is true.

o

It is true that many variegated plants are slower growing, but dont think that variegated spider plants wont grow drastically QUICKLY!

o

One month ago it bloomed. Flowers are something really delicate look. Cute flowers.

o

Now I miss my spider. They grow so fast and wide .

o

Fin, I like how your curtain pattern matches the spider plants and flowers.

o

Thank you! I like it too.
Tuija

o

Thank you! I like it too.
Tuija

o

I like the look of spider plant flowers. Mines are flowering outdoors right now. Does anyone know that spider plant flowers attract bee occasionally

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here