Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Spider Plant Help

Posted by abigail1280 8 (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 28, 10 at 15:31

I have a variegated spider plant. I used to have it outside on my screened in porch. It was receiving some afternoon sun, and seemed to be doing pretty well. It had grown quite a bit and seemed happy. It's very humid here, even at night, and most days are in the 90s. Last weekend, I moved it into the house because we decided to power wash the porch, do some water proofing and some other painting. This is kind of a slow process because my husband and I both work two jobs, but when we're finished, I plan to move it back outside along with my other 3 spiders. But today I noticed that it's starting to get some gray spots on the leaves which weren't there before. It's not getting as much light as it was before ... it's sitting in front of the sliding glass door at the moment. I bought it 2 months ago, and it's doubled in size since then. Neither of my other 2 spiders are having this problem.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Spider Plant Help

• Posted by tapla z5b-6a MI (My Page) on
    Wed, Jul 28, 10 at 15:39

Maybe over-watering. Water use would be fractionalized moving it from out to in. If you were in the habit of watering every ______ (pick an interval) and loosely carried on with that habit with the plant indoors ......

The other issue could be high fertility/soluble salts, but I doubt that's it because that usually manifests in necrotic leaf tips & margins.

Al

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here