Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Please save my plant!!

Posted by PeaceLilySam none (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 25, 14 at 16:40

I have what looks like a D. Marginata minus the reddish edges on the leaves. It was out side at my aunts, in almost direct light, and a pot half filled with styrofoam. The pot had no drainage and on top of that accidentaly got watered with bleach. When I got the plant home i removed all the dead leaves and damaged roots, then I washed the roots and put it in a pot with good drainage, and am in the process of getting rid of all the little bugs off. I also made a sorta brace for it to help hold the top upright. It had about 20 alive leaves but some have small brown spots and others look like they have been burned but i know they haven't actually been on fire. Am I doing the right stuff? Any more suggestions?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Please save my plant!!

Generally yes, though your efforts may be in vain. Don't blame you for wanting to save it, everybody loves these! Were the roots firm? Sounds like some were, some weren't? Is this plant inside? Do you know what the bugs are? Are you able to add any pics to this discussion? The browse button will put one per per reply.

At this point, not much you can do but leave it alone, find a great spot for it, and don't water it again unless/until the soil dries out.

o
RE: Please save my plant!!

I removed the damaged roots (looked like root rot) and brought it inside. It is near a window in the living room, but the shades are half closed because my peace Lillie's are there too. And the bugs look like ants, they were living in its old pot. I put a little poision and cleaned the leaves with some very diluted alcohol, and a sponge. And the foil is to keep the cat out until i get some river stone for the pot.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here