Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My leaves are withering!! HELP

Posted by jesma WV (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 24, 10 at 16:41

Hi, I just got this house plant last week at the farmer's market. I re-potted it and added a small slow release fertilizer to the side of the pot. I have other plants which i did the same but they all seem to grow fine except this one. I placed it outside and i do not know why my leaves are withering. Then i tried to keep it indoors yesterday and still they are dying. There were about 5 big leaves and all of them are dying one by one. I have never had many house plants before. Please help

http://picasaweb.google.com/jesmamohan/DyingPlant#5497574431030298946

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My leaves are withering!! HELP

Never fertilize a newly brought home plant. Chances are it already had fertilizer in it.
Never repot a newly brought home plant. Let it adjust to its new home.
The soil looks to be too heavy so it could be overwatered and rotting.
I'm not even sure what it is, but if it was in direct sun and maybe never was before it may have been too much.
Remove all the rocks or whatever is on top for decoration...its not helping any.

o

It may have been a Begonia. I suggest after you follow suggestions above, you place the Plant in bright, but indirect light & leave it alone for one week, do absolutely nothing to it & see how it responds.

o

I also agree with gobluedjm, it does look like its rotting. I hope it survives for you. Good Luck.
Christine

o

Thank you so much for the suggestions. I have followed all the advices and i will keep you updated if i see any progress :) Thanks again

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here