Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sedimental Aloe vera

Posted by teengardener1888 NY Albany 5a (bynumrhamel@yahoo.com) on
Mon, Jul 1, 13 at 16:56

My great grandmother died Just yesterday died. In her will, she left her only houseplant, an aloe vera to me. I am honored to have it, and it looks very healthy. I thought I would share this plant on gardenweb with what I consider family

This post was edited by teengardener1888 on Sat, Jul 6, 13 at 15:40

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sedimental Aloe vera

Teen,
Sorry to hear about your Grandmother. Am not sure about your religious beliefs (trying not to step on any toes here), but I believe you will see each other again (some day). I also believe, she is here with you in spirit. :)

Planto

o

Teen, so sorry about your loss! That's a lovely Aloe. Sounds like she was very proud of the job you're doing with your plants. Virtual hugs for you and your family!

That's beautiful, Planto.

o

Planto, dont worry, my family is devout Cathloc, thank you for the good wishes.

Purple, Thanks you for the good wishes, and yes, Plantos comment was very healing for me

o

Teen,
You're welcome. :)

Purple,
Thanks. :)

Planto

o

Teen,
You're welcome. :)

Purple,
Thanks. :)

Planto

o

I'm very sorry about your GGrandmother. It's always hard to lose a beloved one. Her aloe is in good hands with you.

o

So sorry for your loss!!

o

Sorry about your GGrandmother.

My interest in plants connects me with my grandmother to this day. There are days that I feel her through the flowers that I handle in my garden. I still have a pruning sheers of hers. I have dropped it in the garden in gardens all over the Country from Philadelphia, Vermont,oahu , Molokai to texas. I can't seem to loose them. They keep coming back to me. They are hiding under a bush somewhere right now. They will come back.

Treasure that aloe.

o

I'm sorry to hear about your grandmother, teengardener.

I'm sure she left her aloe to the right person to care for it, and to remember her by it.

Lee

o

Hi TG,

I am very sorry to hear about your Great Grandmother. I know you will Cherish what she has left you. The aloe will provide many memories of your time together! My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family! :)

o

Teen...

I'm sorry for your loss. .

My thoughts and prayers are with you ....

Laura

o

Teen...I'm so sorry you lost your great-grandmother.
Like Planto, I too believe, one day, you and she will be together.

Cherish the Aloe and fond memories. A plant is very personal..Your great-grandmother left her precious plant to you because she knew it'd be left in good hands.

Take care, hugs, Toni

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here