Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Probally my first ID question

Posted by teengardener1888 NY Albany 5a (bynumrhamel@yahoo.com) on
Mon, Jul 1, 13 at 16:58

This unstable plant was givin to me recently and I wish I had a id for it. It has tubular purple flowers if that helps

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Probally my first ID question

Is it purple under the leaves? It could be Plectranthus 'Mona Lavender', thats the only plant I can think of that has purple tube flowers...but it's really hard to tell by the pic.

o

That would be my guess also. I keep snapping off the tall parts of mine (which are not at all hard and woody yet) to make new plants. Wanted this plant forever and finally found one in April, so not speaking from much experience at all on this one. Don't recall ever seeing a pic of one with an old, woody trunk like that. Must b quite old if that's what it is!

When you google images, does that look like your plant? The flowers are fairly distinctive, should be the give-away, one way or the other.

I would strongly encourage you to turn on spell check! You're too smart to let these typos sully your persona and distract from your discussions. Smiles!! 'probably' 'sentimental'

o

The ID seems positive with photos on google for the flowers and leaves but this plant does not flwer vigorously. It is also very unstable and tips extremely easily

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here