Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What do you do with...

Posted by Savannaicus NJ (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 21, 14 at 18:07

I was wondering what everyone else does with their babies (from spider plants) or clippings from pruning or anything that has the chance of becoming another beautiful. I feel bad discarding when I trim down a plant and know I can get the leaves to root or when a baby spider breaks off from the mama plant. I always donate to raffle tables for events and give to friends. But I'm running out of friends !

Sometimes I put them on the lawn with a free sign or give them to family/friends having yard sales. I'd love to keep them all, but I only have so much window space.

I was wondering what everyone else does.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What do you do with...

Same problem for me, I hate discarding cuttings that I could root. But, I don't need more plants, so if I have no takers, I toss them in my compost pile, that way they don't go to complete waste, but rather feed my vegetable garden.

Joe

o
RE: What do you do with...

Lots of options! You can trade them for other plants you seek, give them away for the cost of the postage, sell them on ebay, pot them up to take to a swap, give as gifts, put them in the ground or pots for summer "as annuals," experiment with combo potting.

If some of your pots are hanging, maybe you're not out of space. I poked holes in the sides of mine to use the space and help hide the actual pots (whooo those are fugly.) If you have less mosquitoes in your yard, you'd probably even pull the dead leaves off.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here