Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lamora_gw

Hi- thought I would show you my new babies!

Lamora
11 years ago

Hi all, I havent posted in a while, but have read some. Anyway hi, and I thought I would post some pics of my new babies!

Got these at Lowes yesterday. aint they purtty?

{{gwi:94633}}

Been wanting this Bromeliad for a while now, small like this.

Wanted to post some other pictures too, but for some reason it wont let me... wonder why.

but here are my new babies...

Marjie :)

Comments (6)

• marguerite_gw Zone 9a
    11 years ago

Beautiful, Marjie. What is the plant on the right?

• Tiffany, purpleinopp Z8b Opp, AL
    11 years ago

I was wondering that too, the glare is messing with me. Love EA plants! That's not the pot it came in, is it? I can't tell if it's clay or plastic, I like it either way. The Brom looks really healthy. Good for you for branching out (pun intended) into some new species!

• goddess9
    11 years ago

Hoya 'Krimson Princess'?

• Lamora
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Sorry for the glare-- didn't even notice it till now.

OK- as far as I can "see" (microscopic type on the tag) It is a Hoya Rubra-- Hoya Carnosa Variegata? lol-- will have to look it up. The holding pot is clay, hole in the bottom. Both plants were in plastic pots, the Bromelaid came in that pot-- just got it mixed up while looking at them. But the Brome is now in the clay pot. (is that ok?)

And yes- I am "branching" out.. just don't ask me where I am going to put them all this winter. OR when they get bigger... these kittens will be cats one day! ;) (if I do right by them)

Anyway- so far I like them. Seen something on clearance (not these ones) for .50. I had a hard time deciding just what ones I wanted, took these 2, had just enough for them both. Couldn't get the other .50 out of my "brother"! silly person anyway. Wanted me to look it up before buying it. Good Grief! It was only 50 cents! Oh well, I am hoping to go back tomorrow and see if it is there. And no, I havent looked it up yet! lol Some type of Cactus is all I know, but it was cool looking. ;) (only reasn to buy a plant)

But I hope they will be happy here.

• plantomaniac08
    11 years ago

Marjie,
    Goddess9 is correct on the identification of your hoya (so are you hehe). Hoya carnosa 'Krimson Princess' and Hoya carnosa 'Rubra' are synonymous. I'm not sure if Hoya carnosa variegata is 'Krimson Princess' or 'Krimson Queen,' as there is another hoya that is green and white (except with 'Krimson Queen' the edges of the leaves are white and the inner portions of the leaves are green).

If I'm not mistaken, the only reason for the name difference with 'Krimson Princess' and 'Rubra' is that Exotic Angel's "name" for the plant is'Rubra' (yeah, add more names to make things confusing), but it is still 'Krimson Princess' (synonymous). I believe most people refer to it as 'Krimson Princess.' I hope this helps.

Planto :)

• Lamora
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Yep it does help-- now i know what to name it-- Princess K lol. She really is purtty tho. Has a few torn leaves, but nothing to really worry about right now. Need to add it- them to my list of plants tomorrow. I need it to keep track of names. And yes, a lot of my plants have the names on the pots.

I dont know how everyone does it here, remember names, know the family they are from and everything to ID something new. I really envy that.. oh well.

anyway Princess K and her new friends seem to be getting along so far. :)
    Thanks for naming her