Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Scorched Pothos. =(

Posted by Cyanotic none (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 23, 13 at 18:59

Hi everyone!

Basically, this story can be summed up by saying that I'm a forgetful dimwit sometimes. I had taken quite a few pothos cuttings from one of the plants in my office. I brought them home, potted them, watered them, and left them outside overnight to dry out a bit, as I always do when I repot.

Well, this morning, I meant to bring them inside, but I COMPLETELY forgot. =( They were outside, in direct, intense New Mexico sunlight and heat during the hottest part of the day. Now they are pretty severely sunscorched. =( There's brown, thin spots on most of the leaves. There's a lot of green left, but quite a bit of sun damage.

Will they survive? Is there anything I can do to help them? I already brought them inside, and rewatered them (they were parched). I'm nervous about this happening with a new, unestablished cutting. =(

Thanks everyone!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Scorched Pothos. =(

Do you have pictures?

o
RE: Scorched Pothos. =(

Won't take long to find out. It depends on how thorough the "cooking" was. All day in direct sun, low humidity and high air temperature aren't listed anywhere amongst that plant's preferences. You can only wait and see.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here