Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
new spider plant!

Posted by mattkoziol (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 25, 10 at 19:26

Recently due to a family vacation to mexico my spider plant died :( and i've been wanting another one for some time now and today a visit to wal-mart brought to light a new shipment of plants including...my new spider plant :D

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: new spider plant!

Good for you :) Beautiful plant!!!

o

It is very pretty and very healthy looking.

o

do you guys think that this is a spiderplant?i think it might actually be chlorophytum bichetii? :(

o

Very nice and so big.

o

It does look like C. bichetii to me. To be honest, other than the overall shape itself, I also don't think I've ever seen a C. comosum with that white/green/white variegation. I won't swear that it doesn't exist, but C. bichetii being mass produced instead is probably a pretty good hint that it doesn't.

It's still a very nice plant, though. Enjoy it while you wait for the real deal. :-)

o

Okay, I have to eat my words about a white/green/white C. comosum, since I just saw a picture of one with plantlets attached. Sorry for the mistake.

o

haa!don't worry about it...i guess i'll just wait and hope for the best.On the tag it said "easy to propagate" but i got it from wal-mart so who knows... thx again :)

o

Hey, get that plant off that nice, clean carpet! ;-)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here