Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Can't remember the name of this plant

Posted by moonie_57 8 NC (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 9, 11 at 20:22

The plant in the black pot between the chicks & hens and the african violet. For the life of me, I just can't remember. I hope the pic is clear enough.

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Can't remember the name of this plant

Homalomena?

o

Can't think of anything useful to say to your question since I have no idea. But I'm curious what the plant at the left edge with the pink leaves is? Love the spool, the plants, everything about your pic! I've always wanted one of those spools for a "pot table" just like that. Nice!

o

• Posted by tapla z5b-6a mid-MI (My Page) on
    Tue, Jul 12, 11 at 20:43

Purple - I think you're looking at the pink blooms of Euphorbia Milii (aka crown of thorns & other common names).

Al

o

I think you're right. Deja vu... every time I see one of these I want it, then remember about the thorns and dismiss it from my mind. Pretty, though!

o

Hey Purple,

I'm anti-thorn myself, yet grow a number of these, their thorns really aren't bad at all & I have various E. miliis now, some of which have no thorns at all. I encourage you to try.

Seriously, I am so anti-thorn that I grow no cacti at all (other than the holiday cacti we know & love).

Moonie,

The plant ID you ask about at the top MAY be an Anthurium, tough to tell from that pic.

Nice plants, enjoy!!

o

plantladyco - Yes! Emerald green. Thanks, I've been experiencing brain fog for so long now and... well, it gets on the tip of my tongue and I just can't spit it out. LOL

purple - I have to agree with pirate girl on the thorns. The "head" of the plant is dense enough for the thorns to not be a problem. And it's one of the easiest plants to grow for me. And I have a couple of those spools. Fortunately for me, our local electric company leaves them at our recycle center. Maybe you could check where your power co leaves theirs.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here