Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Last question of the day

Posted by moonie_57 8 NC (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 9, 11 at 20:27

Duranta, sapphire showers. I have one in a hanging basket, in full sun and was very heavy with flowers. Now that it's getting hotter, it often wilts before I get a chance to water and isn't flowering as much. Does this plant need full sun or should I leave this smaller one in the greenhouse? Or should I pot it in a HB and hang it outside in morning sun?

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Last question of the day

Moonie...how often do you water?

Duranta needs bright, indirect sun. No direct.
The only other option would be your plant needs a larger pot.

Try morning sun. Toni

o

Toni - I water every day. Even with shade cloth, it gets over 100 degrees everyday. This particular duranta in the pic is doing okay but I have one hanging outside that has stopped blooming. It's been in full sun, til later in the afternoon. It should probably be moved now that it's getting later into summer with long hot days. It gets watered everyday as well. Think I should fertilizer after moving it?

o

When was the last time your Duranta was fertilized? If over a month, yes.
The soil should be moist before adding fertilizer. Especially if you use chemical fertilizers..roots can burn if dry.

Since it needs daily watering, give it a drink early in the morning, then about an hour later, fertilize.

BTW, it's a beautiful plant. Toni

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here