Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sperchic122

Money tree is dying

sperchic122
9 years ago

PLEASE HELP! I think I am slowly killing my money tree. :( My company was moving to a new office and the moving company would not move plants so, I have to bring my plant home to move myself. It was doing very well and thriving, growing lots of new leaves. Then, I made the mistake of leaving it in my car on a 75 degree day. I didn't realize that the temperature in the car would get hot and burn the tree. So I brought it inside and all the leaves fell off. I then trimmed the limbs to about an inch, hoping that new leaves would grow. I then noticed that 3 of the trunks of the tree looked very dry and I was able to pull them out and discover that they were dead. I have 2 remaining trunks now that are still alive but, only barely. Following trimming the limbs, I noticed that the tops of the tree trunk where the limbs sprout were beginning to look wilted so, I trimmed the tops of each truck in hopes that getting rid of sick parts would enable the plant to thrive. Today, I'm looking at the plant and it seems it's getting worse, I don't know what to do next. Please help! *Note: this began on June 27, 2014. I watered the tree with Miracle Grow one time and regular water one time since then.

Comments (6)

• sperchic122
    Original Author
    9 years ago

More photos

• sperchic122
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Photo 3

• grrr4200
    9 years ago

its rotted, and dead, im so sorry for your loss

• Joe1980
    9 years ago

Agreed.....it's dead. This happens a lot due to poorly draining soil, such as Miracle Grow potting mix, or similar.

Joe

• christine1950
    9 years ago

I think the heat inside the car killed it.

• Joe1980
    9 years ago

Heat would definitely damage it, but those stems are rotted, which is not from heat, but wet soil.

Joe

Sponsored
Randall Mars Architects
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars14 Reviews
Distinctive Custom Residential Architect Serving the D.C. Metro Area