Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Money tree is dying

Posted by sperchic122 Ohio (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 11, 14 at 20:45

PLEASE HELP! I think I am slowly killing my money tree. :( My company was moving to a new office and the moving company would not move plants so, I have to bring my plant home to move myself. It was doing very well and thriving, growing lots of new leaves. Then, I made the mistake of leaving it in my car on a 75 degree day. I didn't realize that the temperature in the car would get hot and burn the tree. So I brought it inside and all the leaves fell off. I then trimmed the limbs to about an inch, hoping that new leaves would grow. I then noticed that 3 of the trunks of the tree looked very dry and I was able to pull them out and discover that they were dead. I have 2 remaining trunks now that are still alive but, only barely. Following trimming the limbs, I noticed that the tops of the tree trunk where the limbs sprout were beginning to look wilted so, I trimmed the tops of each truck in hopes that getting rid of sick parts would enable the plant to thrive. Today, I'm looking at the plant and it seems it's getting worse, I don't know what to do next. Please help! *Note: this began on June 27, 2014. I watered the tree with Miracle Grow one time and regular water one time since then.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Money tree is dying

More photos

o

Photo 3

o

its rotted, and dead, im so sorry for your loss

o

Agreed.....it's dead. This happens a lot due to poorly draining soil, such as Miracle Grow potting mix, or similar.

Joe

o

I think the heat inside the car killed it.

o

Heat would definitely damage it, but those stems are rotted, which is not from heat, but wet soil.

Joe

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here