Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sick Peace Lily

Posted by kgwy none (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 19, 13 at 21:03

Hello there,

This is my first post to this garden forum. I am a resident of San Jose, CA. We bought a peace lily sometime back in March. It was really doing well until we went on a vacation for a month. By the time we returned, some leaves had nearly dried off while some were about to. I did water it and a couple of the leaves looked like there were back in business after a some time. However, i confess i did over water it. It had nearly lost all its leaves until recently I saw a leaf or two (were) was about to bloom as it had dried off and looked like it needed watering. I was so happy. Now, I see that the one leaf that was about to bloom is again droopy.

The attached picture is about 2 days old. Today, its worse that the one in the pic.

Could you please help me save this peace lily?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sick Peace Lily

It looks pretty bad off. What is its root system like? Perhaps you could use some super thrive on it. Home depot sells it. It works really well. Fertilizer will be a must. Also I have seen this plant grow fine in just water. Misting it with water daily would do it some good for humidity. I mist my plants once a day in the morning and they respond well to it. Hopefully, your plant will recover but it will be an uphill battle.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here