Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Unidentified hoya?

Posted by JessLikesStuff 7a-ish (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 18, 13 at 21:12

Hi all,

This fellow is one of those plants from Home Depot helpfully labeled "tropical", which of course doesn't tell me much other than that it probably likes humidity. ;-) The closest I've been able to come to an ID on it is hoya bilobata, but after further research I'm doubtful that it is bilobata and not entirely positive that it is a hoya. Any help with this one would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Unidentified hoya?

Hi Jess & Welcome,

I'd say yes that's a Hoya for sure, likely a Carnosa, but I can't quite tell from that pic (need to see the leaves head on & maybe a vine loosened out from there). If not Carnosa, then H. Pubicalyx, but I think more likely Carnosa.

The name Bilobata tends to be used incorrectly by one of the main plant suppliers for big box stores, Exotic Angel.

Handsome pot, looks nice, I assume there's an inner pot w/ drainage holes for the Hoya.

There's a Hoya forum right nearby (see top of this page) Come on by w/ that pic (or more) & folks will help confirm that ID if you like.

o
RE: Unidentified hoya?

Hi Pirate,

Thanks for the welcome and the help! I will definitely take a couple photos over to the Hoya section and see what they have to say. Also, yes, the pot has a nice big drainage hole so the water runs out.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here