Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Can Someone Help my Droopy Yucca Cane?

Posted by thegeek NY (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 30, 11 at 21:46

I bought my yucca a little over a year ago. I brought it home and planted in in a 16 inch pot with potting soil and placed it in front of a window that gets lots of light. A few months later, the leaves were drooping, and it's been that way ever since. About a week ago, a repotted it in a 10 inch pot with cactus soil, and I've been keeping it outside because it's warm out. It's still really droopy though. I only water it about every 2 weeks. There are currently no pests on it. Is there something I can do so it will perk up again?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Can Someone Help my Droopy Yucca Cane?

Sounds like you over-potted and over-watered.

When you first repotted, do you recall how much room 'inches' were between the rootball and inner pot?

Since you downsized, obviously, the first pot was too large.
Now thatyour Yucca is in a 10" pot, how much space is between the rootball and inner pot?

Is the trunk firm or soft? A firm trunk means it's alive, and visa-versa.

Even though you used succulent soil, other mediums should have been added..Perlite, tiny stones...the reason, soil drains well.

House Plant soil, especially in excess, 'worse with succulent plants,' will cause rot.

Does your Yucca have sideshoots? If so, they can be removed and rooted..Rooting is a simple procedure.

A picture would be helpful..Toni

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here