Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
harris_jamal

Get you Red Aglaonemas here.

harris_jamal
14 years ago

I have finally found a place that sells quality red aglaonemas at a reasonable price. Go here:

Yes I am aware of Asiatica Nursery but I just purchased a Pink Aglaonema from them and it only had two roots.

I purchased two Ag's from the person at the link above one silver and one pink; both came with fully developed root systems I just potted them up in turface (Schulz Aquatic Soil). The seller has a fine selection.

Will post later on there progress.

High quality and fast shipping hurry before fall arrives.

Here is a link that might be useful: Lilathai Garden

Comments (19)

• harris_jamal
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Sorry about the spelling.

• birdsnblooms
    14 years ago

Harris, I checked out Lilathai Gardens on Ebay some time back..Although they have lovely plants, their shipping problems are way too high..A plant is 15.00 and up, mostly up, but shipping is 30.00. Very few plants are under 30.00

I found another nursery, Aleyagarden. Prices are much more reasonable..I've ordered Aglaos, Hoyas and a Sans from him..Talk about happy!!

Here's pics of one pink and a second red Aglao.

{{gwi:96175}}

{{gwi:96176}}

The pink and green is A. 'butterfly, the red and green is, A. Anyamanee. There's a few more I want, plan on ordering soon. Toni

• harris_jamal
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks! Those prices do look better and the selection is wider.

But they both beat Asiaticanursery hands down.

• birdsnblooms
    14 years ago

Harris, I did it! Ordered 4 more Aglaos from Aleyagarden.
    Asiaticanursery sells gorgeous plants, but their prices are beyond my budget..especially for 2 1/2" potted plants.
    Still, if one wants a plant bad enough, and can afford it, then my God go for it.
    Asiatic had a few rare Philos I loved, but when I saw the price, had to pass it up..one was 60 the other 120.00..lol

• harris_jamal
    Original Author
    14 years ago

It will be interesting to see how long I can keep these Pink Aglaonema's alive.

This one is called "Montien Thong"

{{gwi:96177}}

and this one is called "Siam Pink"

{{gwi:96178}}

• izharhaq
    13 years ago

Hi Harris,

How are your Aglaonemas doing?? have they produced any offsets ??

Here are mine:

Aglaonema 'Red Cochin'

This plant had no roots, and was planted in coir on 6th March '10 now it has 12, 2-4 inch roots. The first leaf was more green and was much smaller, but the second leaf has increased in size and in pink color too (both emerged at my place). It gets morning sun for about an hour, after its bright shade all day long. As coir holds up moisture very well so i water them when the media becomes complete dry (once in two weeks). No fertilizers are added up till now, but planing to add some organic natural fertilizer (compost extracts) in low concentrations with every watering.

{{gwi:96179}}

Aglaonema 'Crete'

{{gwi:96180}}

Cheers~

Izhar

• pirate_girl
    13 years ago

Stunning, just beautiful, thanks for posting.

• harris_jamal
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Well I managed to keep both of them alive. Unlike the "Pride of Sumatra" I once had. But they aren't growing as much any more since they are no longer at location pictured above which guaranteed 24/7 light. (I never actually turned of the overhead lights in my cubicle). I'm not sure if I can bring them to my new work location which ironically has too much sun.

I planted mine in Turface aka "Schultz Aquatic Soil" which allows me to water without worry.

• drvongirl
    13 years ago

These plants are beautiful and would add so much color and variations to all my plain green plants, my question is, do they need alot of light to maintain the color or does the color stay the same regardless of how much light they recieve or where they are placed. Thanks Ellen

• harris_jamal
    Original Author
    13 years ago

All pink Aglaonemas require more light than there green/silver/white cousins. Just be sure to avoid a southern exposure. An east facing window should do.

• izharhaq
    13 years ago

My plants are doing great... currently both have produced one more leaf (as compared to the above pix), which are also bigger than the last ones... i have started giving them compost extracts with watering...

Cheers~

Izhar

• drvongirl
    13 years ago

Hi, I am thinking about ordering from Aleyagardens, for those of you who got your reds there what method of shipping did you use? I'm confused by their shipping methods and don't know which one to choose, definetly don't want the most expensive. Can you enlighting me? I want the most reasonable shipping, but don't want the plants in the mail too long. What shape were yours in when they arrived and how long did it take? Thanks Ellen

• harris_jamal
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I have never ordered from Aleyagardens so I can't speak on that but what I can say is that you should avoid Asiaticanursey I purchased a red Ag from them and it only had one root.
    In contrast the two plants I purchased from Lilathai Garden along with the one I received as a bonus had a full set of healthy roots.

• elkay_gw
    13 years ago

I need another plant like I need a hole in the head (no room), but when I saw these plants I HAD to have one (or two). So I ordered two A. Anyamanee and two A. Laegacy from Aleyagarden. I've been tracking them and they arrived at JFK today so I should have them soon. I hope they are in decent shape.

Thanks!

• stinkybuds
    13 years ago

I have two of the 'Crete' Ags, as well as a few of the silver varieties, but the Crete is one of my favorite plants. I have them on both sides of the fireplace and they look fantastic. Wish I could figure out how to post a pic on here.

• harris_jamal
    Original Author
    13 years ago

You can post photos by uploading your pictures to photobucket.com. After which you can copy and paste the link in the "optional link URL" box.

• birdsnblooms
    13 years ago

I'd love to see pics of Crepes. What are they? Toni

• vlmastra
    13 years ago

How are you guys growing these things? I saw an old 2006 post on here saying they make poor houseplants due to fussy humidity and water requirements. They look gorgeous, like Caladiums.

Here is a link that might be useful: 2006 Post

• izharhaq
    13 years ago

As far as my plants are concerned they are growing very well (at least better than what I anticipated), the least humidity we get here is 13%.. they are still in Coir (same medium they were initially planted in)... I water them once or sometimes twice a week... last month (from November) I have started using GrowMore 20-20-20 in quarter strength with watering... will upload their pics soon...

Izhar