Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Dracaena plant dying.. Stem is mushy, rotted from inside out

Posted by TenGreenFingers 5 (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 21, 14 at 22:34

What is going on? My dracaena is a braided threesome I purchased almost a year ago from Home Depot. They were doing great until I transplanted them a little bit ago. Two out of he three have mushy stems and one of the two that have he mushy stems Had yellowed leaves that died off pretty quick. The other still has some green leaves but they'll likely die too since it's stem is mushy as well.

The third seems to be doing just fine . What's happening?

I only looked into possible things and nothing quite fits what has happened.

Any ideas or suggestions? I only water when the soil feels dry an inch or two in. Help! I live these dracaenas.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Dracaena plant dying.. Stem is mushy, rotted from inside out

That's not cool, so sorry! Do you find anything relevant here?

Would you be able to add a pic?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here