Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Streptocarpus problem.

Posted by SusanJNY none (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 19, 12 at 22:37

I purchased this plant from Logee's several months ago. It had some of these yellow spots that have now worsened. I have tried extra fertilizer, and varying the light/moisture level, but they keep getting worse. And I am also starting to see them on the Streps I've had for years. Any ideas?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Streptocarpus problem.

Hi Susan,

Sorry I don't know these plants except to say they are in the Gesneriad Family & that GW does have Gesneriad Forum (see top of from page here). Am guessing if you post there, you'll get some reasonable suggestions.

Until then, if you think this plant is the source, pls. consider moving it well away from the rest of your collection so it doesn't spread further.

Pretty Plant & Good luck!

o
RE: Streptocarpus problem.

Hmmm, never seen this before on my few Streps. What fertilizer are you using? How much light do they get.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here