Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Dracaena drooping

Posted by fandog 6a (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 16, 13 at 23:20

My dracaena has been drooping more and more and im not sure what the problem is. Any advice?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Dracaena drooping

It seems fine to me but hey, what do I know? Sorry, I don't have any advice for you. I hope you find help soon!

o

It looks fine to me. The bottom leaves point down, that's normal. Do you open those blinds during the day? Is there some kind of white stuff in the crown of the leaves or is that just a trick of the camera?

You can see the tops of one in the bottom right in this pic.

o

looks thick and bushy, maybe the plant just naturally wants to drop some of the older leaves?

o

It looks perfectly normal for D. marginata, assuming that is what it is?

o

Yes, it is D. marginata - the original plant of this discussion. The one in my pic is D. marginata 'Tricolor.' HTH!

Edited to clarify ambiguousness

This post was edited by purpleinopp on Wed, Jul 17, 13 at 15:31

o

I am on my second indoor Marginata currently. The first fell prey to an awful case of what I believe is known as powdery mildew. If left unchecked it causes leaves to first droop and then drop. It also affects my current plant, but I have been successful keeping it in check with semi-regular applications of a neem oil based spray.

It's hard to tell from your picture, but look for a powdery substance at the juncture of the trunk and leaves.

For what its worth, mine has much longer leaves than yours, and many of them end up pointing downwards (drooping, I guess), especially as they get longer and older.

I don't know if powdery mildew is known to attack these particular plants, or if its because they both came from the same Lowes store.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here