Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Eucharis Christine

Posted by klyde 8 BC (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 25, 09 at 23:44

Hi there:

Well I've finally gotten my Eucharis Christine. Can anyone tell me how much smaller it is than the big one? Also I've heard that it will bloom more readily? My big one hasn't bloomed since I bought it a year ago. I've done the slow down on watering thing to get it to bloom and nothing! Any tips and thoughts about Christine would sure be appreciated.

Kelly in Victoria

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Eucharis Christine

Bumping this out of the way

o

Why? What does it hurt to have it on top? Unanswered questions do eventually move down on their own, and in the meantime, it is always possible that someone might come along who knows the answer.

NanW did in fact answer the last time this was brought up (see link.) Maybe hers has since bloomed, and she hasn't seen this post yet.

I had never heard of this plant before, and am pleased to learn of its existence. I have had Eucharis amazonica before, and have never gotten it to bloom.

Here is a link that might be useful: Previous query about E. 'Christine'

o

(i know it's old!)
Oh! I was just researching this plant based on what I read in a fragrant house plant post, here's what the plant owner had to say,

"Eucharis 'Christine'--Wonderfully easy and fragrant and will bloom three or four times per year for me (the trick to getting these to bloom is HEAT, not drying them out between flowering cycles which actually stresses them out). I keep mine on a seedling heat mat if temperatures dip below 65�F, and it rewards me by producing loads of elegant, deliciously perfumed flowers and is steadily multiplying in its 12 inch pot. "

o

Klyde. Don't know if mine is a mini or standard.

Leaves grow 8-10" tall.

About flowers. Got my Euchrist Lily 1994. It's never bloomed.

It was placed in different lighting, 'after a year's time,' and someone said they do best potted in shallow pots. So, I potted in a bulb container. 5-years ago.
Still no blooms.

It's supposed to be a winter bloomer. White, fragrant flowers. Toni

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here