Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jodi44_gw

Peace Lily leaves are shrinking

jodi44
12 years ago

I've had my peace lily for about 5 or 6 years. I got it from my grandfather's funeral, but I am ashamed to say that for most of those years it stayed in the same pot it came in. Other than occasional brown tips it did look healthy, but it also looked like it was getting really crowded. Finally this spring I bought a new larger pot and repotted the plant.

At first, I was thrilled because the plant grew so much larger almost immediately. But now it's starting to look a little scrawny - many leaves, but each leaf is so much smaller than they used to be.

The plant has been sitting in the same place, on a chair next to (not in front of) an East facing window for the past 3 years... so it's location hasn't changed. I water it when it starts to get a little droopy. The only change has been in the size of the pot. Could the pot size be causing the leaves to shrink, or could there be another cause? Any suggestions? Thanks!

(Also, in all these years I've only gotten the white flowers 2 or 3 times. Do I need to do something special to make it flower, or am I doing something wrong that is preventing it from flowering?)

Comment (1)