Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pachira in bad shape - yellow leaves, brown tips

Posted by pachirari Croatia, Europe (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 5, 14 at 6:59

Hello,

I need some help with Pachira that I got one year ago. For a few months all was good, but then it stopped growing and started to dry on end of the leaves and some leaves turn yellow and fall off eventually.

We are watering it every two weeks with around 2dcl.

We keep the plant right next to a window that gets direct sun for about six hours in the summer. It is east-facing, so it is getting morning/late morning sun.

Photos: http://imgur.com/a/GqW9u#0

Here is a link that might be useful: Images of Pachira

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pachira in bad shape - yellow leaves, brown tips

Hello!
No doubt the problem sources to the root-zone, and the potting mix in which the plant is growing. First, is there drainage in that container? If not, you must immediately change that. Secondly, although it is late in the season, the potting mix should probably be changed to something made from screened bark and other durable gritty ingredients, such as perlite, pumice, DE, turface, lava rock, et cetera. Excellent drainage is what these plants love, particularly in the Winter.

Josh

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here