Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
plasticdebutante

pothos ivy in trouble.

plasticdebutante
9 years ago

please help. i'm pretty good with houseplants, but really know nothing about them. just lucky i guess. my pothos ivy has been having a rough summer. the temperatures have been swinging between 60 and 95 and seem to be changing weekly and there is no AC here. i upped the water a bit during the hot weeks, but now it is really struggling. the leaves closest to the pot are yellowing and now turning brown. the leaves at the ends of the vines have gotten smaller, but the plant is still making new leaves. now, what i really don't understand, is that there are root nodes growing. at first it was only one long brown stalk, about 8" long! not roots, but just a woody twig of sorts. but now several of the others are trying as well. do i cut those off? is the plant focusing too much on growing these new woody stalks and not enough on growing leaves? do i need to re-pot or will this just harm the already angry plant more? it's almost like the poor thing is trying to root into my coffee table. any and all help will be appreciated. thank you in advance.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars27 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus