Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
louface

Drooping Rubber plant

LouFace
9 years ago

My rubber plant started dropping leaves and I realised it was probably needing a re-pot, so I repot in some horribly cheap fibrous soil I got from the pound shop but managed to save one of the leaves that was turning yellow from falling off.

All seemed fine until all the leaves started drooping, not dropping off or turning yellow, just drooping. I thought I was under-watering it so I upped the water - nothing. Thought I was over-watering so left the soil to dry completely before watering - nothing. I put it out on my balcony in the sun everyday hoping that would fix it - nothing. I figured maybe the crappy soil was the issue so I re-pot it in some better soil and placed broken pottery in the bottom (which I had not included the first time), but nothing happened.

I was checking it last night and noticed the trunk was getting squishy where the soil touched it so i scraped the soil back to see if the whole plant was dead but below the soil the trunk is still solid, and the roots are not mushy.

I have no idea what to do anymore and was hoping someone could help before it's too late and the plant dies completely.

Comment (1)